India Arie (full name India Arie Simpson) was born on October 3, 1975 in Denver, Colorado, USA. She is a popular musician.
Biography and Career :
Ralph Sampson is her father's name and he was a basketball player. She is not only a vocalist she also plays the saxophone, baritone clarinet, French horn, recorder, trumpet and guitar.
Before becoming a singer she attended the Savannah College of Art and Design where she studied jewelry making. She is a record producer too.
In 2001 she released her debut album called "Acoustic Soul". Since then she released another three: "Voyage to India", "Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship" and Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics". Some of her singles are "Video", "Little Things", "Purify Me", "I Am Not My Hair" featuring Akon and "Beaut
Until now (2007) she was nominated fifteen times at the Grammy Awards and won two of them, one for "Best Urban/Alternative Performance" and one for "Best R&B Album", both in 2003.
She is one of the co-founders of Atlanta artist collective 'Groovement/Earthseed'. Her fans are spread all over the world and they can't wait her new album. She is a great woman and artist and has a great success.
- "I was never searching for a deal. I knew that I wanted as many people as possible to hear my music, but I made a decision early not to compromise myself or my music."
- American Dreams (1 episode, 2003)
- Motown Christmas (2002) (TV).
- 2001 Acoustic Soul
- 2002 Voyage to India
- 2006 Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship
- 2007 Testimony: Vol. 2, Love & Politics.
India Arie Image : cdn.channel.aol.com
India Arie Lists