Holly Valance (full name Holly Rachel Vukadinovic) was born on May 11, 1983 to Serbian father Rajko Vukadinovic and British mother Rachel Stevens, who is better known by her stage name of Holly Valance, is a New Zealand-born actress and singer. Holly Valance is related to the late British comedian Benny Hill- Hill's cousin was her grandfather. Holly Valance was educated at the Star of the Sea College, a Catholic high school located in Melbourne, Victoria.
Biography and Career :
Holly Valance's big break came when she landed the role of Felicity "Flick" Scully in Neighbours. Holly Valance's first single as a recording artist was Kiss Kiss (based on Turkish singer Tarkan's hit single Simarik), released in 2002. The video for Kiss Kiss was notable for the impression that she was
dancing naked, with her nudity only concealed by strategically placed lighting. In fact Holly Valance was dancing wearing flesh-coloured underwear, and the footage of her dancing was then digitally retouched to create the illusion.
Holly Valance's album Footprints went on sale at the end of that year.
Kiss Kiss debuted at #1 in both the Australia ARIA charts and UK Singles Charts in (April-May 2002). Her next single, Down Boy peaked at #2 in the UK and at #3 in Australia, while her album Footprints debuted and peaked at #9 in the UK and at #16 in Australia. Her third single Naughty Girl peaked at #3 in Australia and at #16 in the UK. The first single State of Mind from her next album of the same name debuted and peaked at #8 in the UK and at #14 in Australia, but the album didn't get into the top 50 of either country.
Although a third album and the singles "Somebody Out There", "Ricochets", "Desire" and "Everything I Hate" were all scheduled for release, with another, "Please Please Please Me", slated as a lead-off single, Valance was dropped from her record label following legal problems with her manager/boyfriend, and poor sales from the album "State of Mind".
In 2002 she won the British GQ Award for "Woman of the Year".
In 2004 Valance returned to acting, this time in the United States, appearing in episodes of the television series CSI: Miami and Entourage, and in 2005 she appeared in an episode of CSI: NY. She also starred in two episodes of Prison Break. She will soon appear in the National Lampoon comedy Pledge This! and DOA: Dead or Alive, an adaptation of the popular video game Dead or Alive, where she will play Christie.
She also currently serves as the promotional face of Australian collect call company Reverse Corporation.
- Her Hobbies include watching films (especially films with British actors), kickboxing, cars and swimming.
- Her favourite food is Burgers, Maggi noodles and french fries. Her favourite treats are cakes.
- Her mother, Rachel, was born in England and worked as a model, separated from father (Rake) who is also a fashion model who now lives in Brisbane. Has a sister called Coca and a half-sister called Olympia.
- Her has recently modelled alongside Naomi Campbell at a Melbourne Fashion Show.
- Her debut single "Kiss Kiss" went straight to number 1 in the U.K. and Australian charts beating out fellow Aussie Kylie Minogue.
- Her second single 'Down Boy' entered the UK music charts at position 2.
- Her debut single "Kiss Kiss" (from her debut album "Footprints") debuted #1 on the Official UK and Australian (ARIA) Singles Charts, beating out fellow Aussie Kylie Minogue (2002).
Holly Valance Lists