Henry Ford was born on July 30, 1863 in Michigan, Wayne District, USA. He was the founder of the Ford Motor Company and father of modern assembly lines used in mass production.
Biography and Career :
Although he spent his childhood helping his father with the work at their ranch, Henry loved neither the ranch, nor the school. At the age of 16, he went to Detroit to find a job. At first, he was an apprentice at a car service, then came back to his father at the ranch working part-time for Westinghouse Eugine Company.
Henry Ford opened his own service car fixing engines and cars. He fell in love with Clara Bryant to whom he got married in 1888. A few years later they moved back to Detroit where Henry Ford became chief engineer at Detroit Edison Company. Meantime, he had a f
ew experiments until a final product in 1896: cvadriciclet. Ford sold his invention in order to make money for other experiments. Next years he kept on perfecting the passengers vehicles. He even constructed race-cars driven by himself.
In 1903 Henry Ford formed Ford Motor Company, bringing up an automobile on the market. In 1908 the vehicle "T Model" was brought up. After founding Ford Motor Company, Henry was sent in court by the Association of Authorized Producers of Automobiles. He finally won the right to become an automobile producer in 1911. So, Henry Ford could sell on the marked the high advanced "T Model".
Unsatisfied, the investitors sent Henry Ford again in court. This time he lost, but he managed to buy all the shares of the company until 1920. He built a huge factory in River Rouge and the company became almost independent.
In 1926 General Motors was the leader of the market. Henry Ford had closed his factory for five months, after that bringing up "A Model" and later, "V- 8" model. Both of the models were surpassed by General Motors and Chrysler. Those two had signed a contract with the United Automobile Workers outclassing Ford Motor Company.
In 1941 Ford was kind of forced by the economical factors to sign a contract with the United Automobile Workers. The president of the Ford Motor Company was Henry's son, Edsel. Edsel passed away in 1943 and Henry Ford became president of the company again.
He had two heart attacks until he gave up the leading chair to his grandson, Henry Ford II. Henry Ford passed away on April 7, 1947.
- Religion: Anglican/Episcopalian
- Nationality: American
- His father was William Ford and his mother Mary.
- His wife was Clara Jane Bryant (married 11-Apr-1888).
- He had one son, Edsel Ford.
- "A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it."
- "A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large."
- "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business."
- "A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one."
- "As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities."
- "Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice."
Henry Ford Image : nndb.com
Henry Ford Articles