Helen Hunt (full name Helen Elizabeth Hunt) was born on June 15, 1963 in Los Angeles, California, USA. She is a famous American actress.
Biography and Career :
She studied at the Providence High School in Burbank, California and UCLA, but only one month. Her father is Gordon Hunt and her mother Jane Elizabeth.
In the 1970's she started her career as an actress though she was still a child. Two of her first appearances were in "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "The Swiss Family Robinson". In the 1990's she played in movies like "My Life and Times", "Mad About You", "Cast Away", "Twister", "As Good as It Gets" or the play "Twelfth Night". Since 2000 she appeared in "Dr. T & the Women", "What Women Want", "Pay It Forward" and "Bobby".
During her acting career she received ma
ny awards including four Emmys, four Golden Globes, a Blockbuster Award, two Screen Actors Guild awards, four American Comedy Awards, three Viewers for Quality Television Awards and an Oscar. She is a film director too and debuted with "Then She Found Me".
On July 17, 1999 she married Hank Azaria, but in December 2000 the couple divorced. With boyfriend Matthew Carnahan she had a baby girl, Makena' Lei Gordon Carnahan in May 2004.
- Height: 173 cm
- In 1998 she was among People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Helen Slater is one of her best friends.
- "I know for me the subject of how to be in a relationship is precious and complicated and challenging. It wouldn't be right to make it look too easy."
- "To tell you the truth, I don't have any expensive tastes. I'm just as happy going to a beach and sitting in the sun today as I was ten years ago. I wouldn't feel comfortable if I drove there in a Bentley convertible."
- "I'm not very sexy or glamorous! I have this girl next door kind of look and I have to do the best I can with that."
- "On a professional level, an Oscar means that your salary suddenly increases by a few million and you get offered a lot more movies which in the past you had to beg to have a chance to read for."
Helen Hunt Image : chinadaily.com.cn
Helen Hunt Lists