Fernando Gonzalez was born on July 29, 1980 in Santiago, Chile. He is a professional tennis player and his particularity is having maybe the hardest hitting forehands in the circuit.
Biography and Career :
When he was seven years old he started training. He worked at the Club de Leones de La Reina with Claudio Gonzalez. Even their names are the same they are not relatives, it's just a coincidence.
* In 1997 while being a junior he won the US Open boys doubles along his partner Nicolas Massu. One year later he won the French Open singles and doubles. 1999 was the year he turned a professional player and in Edinburgh he reached the quarter-finals.
* On May 7, 2000 he won the final at Orlando, Florida, against Nicolas Massu.
Other tournaments won were in Vina del Mar
, Palermo, Vina del Mar again, Auckland, Amersfoort and Basel.
* His Grand Slam history includes quarter-finals at US Open in 2002, French Open in 2003 and Wimbledon in 2005.
* In 2004 at the Athens Olympics he won a gold medal at doubles and a bronze medal at singles.
* At the Australian Open he played the final in 2007 against Federer, but lost it with the score 6-7, 4-6, 4-6. Before reaching the final he beat famous players like Lleyton Hewitt, James Blake, Rafael Nadal and Tommy Haas. His actual coach is Larry Stefanki.
He is talented and his favorite way of playing a game is being an aggressive baseliner. She is having a relationship with Gisela Dulko, a tennis player from Argentine.
- Height: 182 cm
- Weight: 81 kg
- She plays: right-handed
- She turned pro in 1999.
Career Review :
- Singles Record: 256 - 141
- Singles Titles: 7
- Doubles Record: 84 - 69
- Doubles Titles: 3
- Prize Money: $5,668,970
- Career High ATP Ranking - Singles: 5 (29-Jan-2007).
Fernando Gonzalez Image : elmundo.es
Fernando Gonzalez Lists
Fernando Gonzalez Pictures