Eliska Amor was born on February 14th, 1988 in New York City. She is a famous international model and actress of Spanish descent.
Biography and Career :
Olive-skinned actress Eliska Amor remembers a time when pursuing acting seemed more of an emotional challenge than a professional one, recalling events during her somewhat difficult childhood that called for the "escape" acting provided her.
But today, the dark haired beauty shines amongst her fellow inhabitants of the Hollywood elite, wowed by descriptions as "the new Natalie Portman" and admired for her disinterest in tabloid publicity.
A native of New York City, Amor begun her career in 1994 with a small guest spot on ER's pilot episode, followed by a string of one-episode roles on a set of popular television dramas i
ncluding Goosebumps, American Gothic and Gilmore Girls.
Scouted by a model agent during a television casting, a slender, then 5 foot 5 fourteen year old Amor rose to prominence in the fashion industry when she appeared in a number of campaigns for high profile designers including Lonsdale LONDON, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren and Balenciaga. Despite her successes, some believed Amor had "intentionally limited herself from reaching great prominence as a model," and slowly stepped away from the industry "solely because it was not her first love."
Following in the footsteps of mentors Meryl Streep, Susan Sarrandon and Michelle Phiffer, Amor returned with sole dedication to the entertainment industry, generating interest amongst elite Hollywood producers. Deferring her acceptance to Ivy League Brown University, Amor channelled her energys towards her career and appeared in 2006's Live Free or Die and 2007's The Go-Getter. Nabbing the attention of Transformer's director D.J. Caruso, Amor's talent is in negotations to star alongside fellow latin actresses Paz Vega and Jessica Alba in 2008's Sisters.
Despite the overwhelming public reception generated by the long-haired actress, which has seen her brave descriptions as a fashion "IT" girl and designer muse, the renound popular online petition aimed at convincing her to breach the self implemented "no-nudity" clause in her contract and constant media invasion of which Amor highly deflects, the young actress remains respected within the professional and social scenes of the industry for not just her talent, but her intelligence, out-reach and respectablility.
- "Basing a person on their looks is a stupid logic."
- " I never want to be safe about it. "
- " I don't know if I'm any good, maybe just lucky."
- Her "rise to fame" is as an actress and a previous model
- She learned English as a second language.
- She has six other brothers and sisters, making a total of seven kids in her family.
- Eliska lives in both New York City and Los Angeles.
- She is an active environmentalist and animal rights and welfare activist.
- Her favorite artists include classic rock bands The Beatles, The Clash, and Led Zeppelin, as well as modern rock artists The Hives, Kings of Leon, Beck and The Vines.
- As a model she was booked bya number of high-profile clients such as Calvin Klein, Lonsdale London, YSL, Ralph Lauren, Swatch and Billabong
Eliska Amor Image Source : fashionmodeldirectory.com