Dita Von Teese (birth name Heather Renee Sweet) was born on September 28, 1972 in Rochester, Michigan, USA. She is a burlesque artist with both acting and modeling careers.
Biography and Career:
She spent her childhood in an historic and antique- filled house. Her parents were a manicurist and a machinist. When she was a child she learned how to dance ballet and when she was 13, she was dancing for a local ballet company. At the age of 15 she was working in a lingerie store and bought her first corsets. Her passion for lingerie was thus revealed. Betty Grable is one of her favorite actresses from the Golden-era Hollywood films
Her unique style was induced from her mother and developed day by day.
Her family moved in 1984 to Orange County, California and she attended the University High School in Irvine. She later studied historic costuming in college and now (2007) she is a trained costume designer.
By the age of 19 she was working in a strip club. She also began to work as a glamour model and even as a fetish model. The burlesque routines are something she is well known for as well as the show in the giant martini glass.
She wrote a book called "Burlesque and the Art of the Teese/Fetish" and appeared in magazines like ELLE, Vanity Fair, Playboy and Vogue.
On December 3, 2005 she married Marilyn Manson. One year later, she filed for divorce.
- Height: 168 cm
- Measurements: 32C-21-33
- She was seen nude in the Playboy magazine.
- Her mother gave her birth in the Crittenton Hospital in Rochester, Michigan.
- She was married to Marilyn Manson, who gave her an engagement ring with a 7-carat, antique, European round-cut diamond.
- "Basically, I'm the girl that your mother warned you about."
- "I always get billed as 'Dita, internationally known fetish supermodel'"
- "I'm really a small town girl from Michigan who has a good laugh that being a fancy-pants stripper got me here! "
- "Some people say what I do isn't very liberating. I say it's pretty liberating to get $20,000 for 10 minutes work."
- "Neither of us is ready. I don't feel that we need to have children to validate our marriage and I don't need children to claim I'm a fulfilled woman."
- "I advocate glamour. Every day. Every minute. "
- "I've lost my luggage before and not had my makeup, and he's lost his luggage and not had his makeup - so it's great that we're always covered."
- The Boom Boom Room (2007)
- Saint Francis (2006)
- The Death of Salvador Dali (2005)
- Lest We Forget: The Video Collection (2004) (V)
- Blooming Dahlia (2004)
- Naked and Helpless (2002) (V)
- Bound in Stockings (2002) (V)
- Tickle Party: Volume 2 (2001) (V)
- Slick City: The Adventures of Lela Devin (2001) (V)
- Decadence (2000) (V)
- Pin-Ups 2 (1999) (V)
- Matter of Trust (1997)
- Romancing Sara (1995)
- Faking It
- America's Next Top Model
- The Sharon Osbourne Show
- The Girls Next Door (1 episode, 2006)
- SexTV (2 episodes, 2006)
- Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (1 episode, 2006)
- Living Through Steve Diet Goedde (2005) (V)
- Durch die Nacht mit... (1 episode, 2004)
- The New Tom Green Show (1 episode, 2003)
- Doppelherz (2003) (V)
- This Week in History (1 episode, 2002)
- Playboy: Wet & Wild Live! (2002) (V)
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! (1 episode, 2000)
- Playboy: Club Lingerie (2000) (V)
- Playboy: Strip Search Backstage (2000) (V)
- Playboy: Girlfriends 2 (1999) (V).
Appearances in the Playboy Special Editions :
- Playboy's Lingerie Model Search February 1997
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 58 November 1997
- Playboy's Real Sex February 1998
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 62 July 1998
- Playboy's Body Language October 1998
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 64 November 1998
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 66 March 1999
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 67 May 1999
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 69 September 1999
- Playboy's Girlfriends September 1999
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 70 November 1999
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 72 March 2000
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 74 July 2000
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 75 September 2000
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 78 March 2001
- Playboy's Book of Lingerie Vol. 84 March 2002
- Playboy's Sexy 100 February 2003.
Dita Von Teese's Dates :
Marilyn Manson (2002 - 2007)
Dita Von Teese Image : hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com
Dita Von Teese Lists