Demi Moore (full name Demetria Gene Guynes) was born on November 11, 1962 in Roswell, New Mexico, U.S.A. and she is an American actress and was one of the best known actresses of 1990s Hollywood.
Biography and Career :
Her father left her mother, Victoria, before Demi was born. Her stepfather, Danny Guynes, didn't add much stability to her life, either. He frequently changed jobs and made the family move a total of 40 times. The parents kept on drinking, arguing and beating, until Guynes finally committed suicide.
She quit school at the age of 16 to work as a pin-up-girl. At 18, she married rock musician Freddie Moore; the marriage lasted four years. At 19, she became a regular on the TV show "General Hospital" (1963).
She became well-known after a string of 1980s te
en-oriented movies, and mutated into one of the best-known actresses in 1990s Hollywood. Moore is also known for her marriages to songwriter Freddy Moore and actors Bruce Willis
and Ashton Kutcher
Her family settled in Los Angeles
in 1976. When Moore was sixteen, her then-friend, actress Nastassja Kinski, persuaded her to drop out of Hollywood's Fairfax High School to become an actress. After quitting school, Moore went to work as a pin-up girl, modelled in Europe, and worked at a collection agency.
In the early 1980s, Moore posed for a series of soft-core photographs featuring full frontal nudity. These photos went unnoticed until after she became a star, and were eventually published in a German magazine and later in North America. Moore's film debut was in the 1982 3-D science fiction/horror film, Parasite, which was a hit on the drive-in circuit, ultimately grossing $6 million. However, Moore was not widely known until she played the part of Jackie Templeton on the ABC soap opera, General Hospital, from 1982 to 1983.
Moore spent her General Hospital salaries on parties and drug abuse. Her cocaine habit lasted more than three years until 1985, when director Joel Schumacher fired her from the set of St. Elmo's Fire when she arrived on the set intoxicated. She received withdrawal treatment and returned clean after a week. (Incidentally, Moore's character in St. Elmo's Fire, Jules, was also a cocaine addict
.) Moore had to sign a contract stipulating that she would cease her alcohol and drug abuse, an agreement that caused her life to turn around. In the 1980s, she appeared in several youth-oriented films, and was mentioned as being a member of the "Brat Pack".
On November 21, 1987, Demi Moore married actor Bruce Willis, after a highly publicized whirlwind romance (the two met in August of that year) and they became one of the Hollywood's most famous couples
. The couple has three daughters, Rumer Glenn (born August 16, 1988), Scout LaRue (born July 20, 1991), and Tallulah Belle (born February 3, 1994). Willis and Moore announced their separation in June of 1998, and divorced in 2000.
She also became a staple of tabloids due to her romantic relationship with actor Ashton Kutcher, who is sixteen years her junior. Both would eventually spoof the public's fascination with their age difference during a monologue on the March 19, 2005 episode of Saturday Night Live. Kutcher, who served as guest host, brought Moore on stage while Moore was made up to appear like an old woman who constantly babied Kutcher.
She and Kutcher got married on Saturday, September 24, 2005 in a lavish, private ceremony conducted by a Kabbalah rabbi and attended by about 100 close friends and family (Bruce Willis included).
Her primary residence is in Hailey, Idaho, near the famous Sun Valley resort, although she spends much time in the Los Angeles area with Kutcher. She is a practicing follower of the Rabbi Philip Berg's Kabbalah Centre religion, and initiated Kutcher into the faith.
- She has three daughters with Bruce Willis: Rumer Willis (b. 1988), Scout LaRue Willis (1991) and Tallulah Belle Willis (1994).
- She was once engaged to Emilio Estevez.
- She posed nude while seven months pregnant for a 1991 'Vanity Fair' magazine cover. In August 1992, she again posed nude for 'Vanity Fair', this time wearing body paint that resembled a man's suit.
- She stripped on "Late Show with David Letterman" (1993), allegedly to disprove rumors that she's too fat for her new movie Striptease (1996).
- Operations on her left eye during childhood caused her to wear a patch.
- She was first actress to reach 10 million dollar salary mark.
- She is aunt of actors Cooper Guynes and Oliver Guynes.
- Her first job was as a bill collector.
- She hired 3 cameramen to videotape the birth of her first child.
- She is a vegetarian.
- She was voted #22 on VH1's Hottest Hotties.
- Though born in New Mexico she spent much of her childhood in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- She is supporter of Arsenal Football Club, and attends home games whenever she is in London.
- She quit school at 16 and started working as a pin-up girl.
- She owns a production company: "Moving Pictures".
- She appeared in John Parr's "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" music video.
- She was listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1986" in John Willis's Screen World, Vol. 38.
- She was replaced by Sandra Bullock for the lead in While You Were Sleeping (1995).
Demi Moore's Dates :
Freddy Moore (1980 - 85)
John Stamos (1982)
Emilio Estevez (1984 - 87)
Bruce Willis (1987 - 00)
Leonardo DiCaprio (1998)
Oliver Whitcomb (1999)
Guy Oseary (2002)
Owen Wilson (2002)
Tobey Maguire (2002)
Anthony Kiedis (2002)
Colin Farrell (2002)
Ashton Kutcher (2003 - Now)
- "I'm sure there are a lot of people who think I'm a bitch."
- "Time is an amazing equalizer. I think if you stay true to yourself and keep moving forward, things come around."
- "The truth is you can have a great marriage, but there are still no guarantees."
- Mr. Brooks (2007)
- Flawless (2007)
- Bobby (2006)
- Chlorine (2006)
- Half Light (2006)
- The Magic 7 (2006) (TV) (voice)
- Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)
- "Will & Grace" (203)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame II (2002) (V) (voice)
- Passion of Mind (2000)
- Deconstructing Harry (1997)
- G.I. Jane (1997)
- Destination Anywhere (1997)
- "Ellen" (1997)
- Beavis and Butt-Head Do America (1996) (voice)
- If These Walls Could Talk (1996) (TV) (segment "1952")
- Striptease (1996)
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) (voice)
- The Juror (1996)
- Now and Then (1995)
- The Scarlet Letter (1995)
- Disclosure (1994)
- Indecent Proposal (1993)
- A Few Good Men (1992)
- The Butcher's Wife (1991)
- Mortal Thoughts (1991)
- Nothing But Trouble (1991)
- Ghost (1990)
- "Tales from the Crypt"
- We're No Angels (1989)
- "Saturday Night Live"
- The Seventh Sign (1988)
- The New Homeowner's Guide to Happiness (1988) (V)
- Wisdom (1986)
- One Crazy Summer (1986)
- About Last Night... (1986)
- St. Elmo's Fire (1985)
- No Small Affair (1984)
- Blame It on Rio (1984)
- "The Master"
- "General Hospital" (1963) TV Series (1982-1983)
- Young Doctors in Love (1982)
- Parasite (1982)
- Choices (1981).
Demi Moore Articles
Demi Moore News
Demi Moore Lists