Daniel Day-Lewis (full name Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis) was born on 29 April 1957 in London, England. He is an Academy Award winning and Golden Globe award nominated actor.
Biography and Career :
He left school when he was 13.
In 1971 he got a part in "Sunday, Bloody Sunday". That film made his debut in Hollywood. He begun taking act classes at Bristol Old Vic. Later on, he got another two main part in "My Beautiful Laundrette" and "A Room With a View". One of the most beloved actors of his generation, Daniel Day-Lewis reached the top in his career two years later in "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" and "My Left Foot".
In 1989, the star won an Oscar for The Best Male Actor in "My Left Foot".
Another important films in his career were: "Last of the Mohicans"
(1992), "In the Name of the Father" (1993) and "The Age of Innocence" (1993). After a three years break, he got a part in "The Crucible" and in 2002 in "Gangs of New York".
- His wife is Rebecca Miller (director, actress; married on November 13, 1996 in Vermont; daughter of playwright Arthur Miller).
- He had relationships with Deya Pichardo (physical trainer, together 1995-1996), Julia Roberts (actress, together 1994-1995) and Isabelle Adjani (actress; met in 1989; together for about five years until 1994).
- He has two sons, Son (born on June 14, 1998; mother: Rebecca Miller) and Gabriel Kane Adjani (born in April 1995; mother: Isabelle Adjani).
- He has mysteriously pulled out of presenting at the Screen Actors Guild Awards, citing a scheduling conflict.
- He was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#11). (1995)
- He turned down the role of Aragon (Strider) in "The Lord Of The Rings" Trilogy.
- "I suppose I have a highly developed capacity for self-delusion, so it's no problem for me to believe that I'm somebody else."
- "The thing about performance, even if it's only an illusion, is that it is a celebration of the fact that we do contain within ourselves infinite possibilities."
- "Being at the center of a film is a burden one takes on with innocence -- the first time. Thereafter, you take it on with trepidation."
- There Will Be Blood (2007)
- The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005)
- Gangs of New York (2002)
- The Boxer (1997)
- The Crucible (1996)
- In the Name of the Father (1993)
- The Age of Innocence (1993)
- The Last of the Mohicans (1992)
- My Left Foot (1989)
- Eversmile, New Jersey (1989)
- Stars and Bars (1988) (as Daniel Day Lewis)
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being (1988)
- Nanou (1986)
- The Insurance Man (1986) (TV)
- A Room with a View (1985) (as Daniel Day Lewis)
- My Beautiful Laundrette (1985) (as Daniel Day Lewis)
- My Brother Jonathan (1985) (TV)
- The Bounty (1984)
- Gandhi (1982) (as Daniel Day Lewis)
- Frost in May (1982) (TV)
- How Many Miles to Babylon? (1982) (TV)
- Artemis 81 (1981) (TV)
- "Shoestring" (1 episode, 1980)
- Sunday Bloody Sunday (1971).
Daniel Day-Lewis Image : odeon.typepad.com
Daniel Day-Lewis News
Daniel Day-Lewis Lists