Dan Voiculescu was born on September 25, 1946 in Bucharest, Romania. He is a famous Romanian politician and former businessman.
Biography and Career :
Dan Voiculescu was born in a modest family his father being a plumber and his mother housewife.
He was raised at the outskirts of Bucharest, in the Bariera Vergului district near the 23rd August skating rink. In teenage he practiced ice hockey and says that he learned what fair-play is from this sport.
In 1969 he graduated the military service within a three month stage as intendancy student-officer in a military base in Focsani. That was the only contact he had with the military institution.
For 21 years he succeeded to save about 30 thousand dollars, deposited at BRCE. With this amount of money he founded the GRIVCO g
His luck was named Fouad Sanbar, the owner of Crescent, the man who hugely helped him before and after the Romanian revolution in 1989.
He made his first million dollars in 1996, with about 400 thousand dividends from GRIVCO and 600 thousand from the Romanian television network Antena1.
This success brought with it envy. Suspicious rumors related to his fortune occured instantly., the press started to speculate. He was dragged in some interminable law sues.
At the beginning of the year 2000, after 30 years of marriage, his wife passed away, the deception was so strong that he got a serious disease.
In 2001, being a father and grandfather in the same time, he left the business world.
In present His love is Liana Voiculescu and she is the woman to whom he share his life, happy moments and sorrows.
- "If I would start over, I would choose the same path. My path."
- "Work, hard work, it gives you two big satisfactions: to produce great value and to be your own boss."
- "The only source of competition of Romania is the brain matter, the extraordinary intelligence of Romanians."
- He has two daughters and two grandchildren.
- He is the founder of The Business People Association of Romania.
Political Activity :
- 1991 - May 2005 Romanian Humanist Party.
- December 2004 - present Senator
- Mai 2005 - present Conservative Party
Academic Activity :
- 1969 - 1974 - ASE - External Commerce Faculty
- 1977 - ASE - Doctor of Economics
- 2000 - The Romanian Academy prize for the work "Competitivity analysis of Romanian Economy Orizont 2000-2005-2010. Alternative Strategic Solutions."
- From 2005 - He follows an aprofundate study program political communications at the Kingston University, UK.
- 2006 - Initiator and founder of Political Study Institute of Conservative Party.
Professional Activity :
- 1970 - 1982 - Chief of External Commerce Department - Vitrocim.
- 1982 - 1992 - General Manager of Bucharest Bureau and International Project Coordinator - Crescent Commercial& Maritime Ltd. Cyprus.
- 1992 - present - Founder and major stockholder of Grivco SA.
- 1996 - present - Universitaire professor - ASE Bucharest.
Dan Voiculescu Image : evz.ro
Dan Voiculescu Lists