Courteney Cox (birth name Courteney Bass Cox) was born on June 15, 1964 in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. She was a fashion model and famous actress especially for her role in the TV series 'Friends'.
Biography and Career :
She went to the Mountain Brook High School and after that to Mount Vernon College for Women in order to study architecture and interior design, but remained there only one year as she had the opportunity to sign a contract with Ford modeling agency in New York City. She became a fashion model and took acting classes.
At first she appeared in some commercials and a music video of Bruce Springsteen and soon received her first role as an actress. It was in 1987 and 1988 in 'Masters of the Universe' and 'Cocoon: The Return'. One of her biggest role was in the TV
series 'Friends' and from then on she became a famous actress.
On June 12, 1999 she got married to David Arquette and they have one child.
- "I get so bored! I had a treadmill... I gave it to my mom. I had a stairmaster... gone. I had a recumbent bike...I don't know where that is. So I hate exercise except for Pilates."
- "I'm a gemini, and I get so bored so easily. I mean, I have moved six times in the last eight years."
- "I only have to do three things to look halfway decent, curl my eyelashes, fill in my eyebrows and put some lipstick on."
- "I have to be physically attracted to someone. But I can't just be with someone just because it's great sex. Because orgasms don't last long enough."
- "A lot of my humor does come from anger. It's like, you're not gonna pull one over on me-which is pretty much my motto anyways."
- "Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you're in."
- "I'm not a huge fan of romantic comedimes- my taste goes much more to the offbeat and dark. I'd love to sink my teeth into something like 'Fargo'"
- She was involved with Michael Keaton, who is also an actor, for 6 years.
- She was chosen among the 50 Most Beautiful People of 1995 and appeared on the cover of People Magazine.
- Her parents divorced when she was only 10 years old and they both remarried.
- She was voted Best Dressed Female Television Star in 1997.
- Courteney has two older sisters and one older brother: Dottie Pickett, Virginia and Richard.
- She loves animals and has three dogs: Ella, Rags and Mr. McBarker.
- She is a fan of the Foo Fighters.
- She likes to play the piano and drums.
- She was one of the Hosts at the MTV Movie Awards in 1995.
- She is a member of the Delta Zeta Sorority.
- Untitled Courteney Cox Project (2007)
- Dirt (10 episodes, 2007)
- The Tripper (2006)
- Zoom (2006)
- Barnyard (2006)
- The Longest Yard (2005) (uncredited)
- Friends (237 episodes, 1994-2004)
- November (2004)
- Alien Love Triangle (2002)
- Get Well Soon (2001)
- The Shrink Is In (2001)
- 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001)
- Scream 3 (2000)
- The Runner (1999)
- Scream 2 (1997)
- Commandments (1997)
- Scream (1996/I)
- Saturday Night Live (1 episode, 1995)
- Sketch Artist II: Hands That See (1995) (TV)
- Seinfeld (1 episode, 1994)
- Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994)
- The Trouble with Larry (1993) TV Series
- The Opposite Sex and How to Live with Them (1993)
- Dream On (1 episode, 1992)
- Shaking the Tree (1992)
- Battling for Baby (1992) (TV)
- Morton & Hayes (1 episode, 1991)
- Blue Desert (1991)
- Mr. Destiny (1990)
- Curiosity Kills (1990) (TV)
- Till We Meet Again (1989) (mini) TV Series
- Roxanne: The Prize Pulitzer (1989) (TV)
- I'll Be Home for Christmas (1988) (TV)
- Cocoon: The Return (1988)
- Family Ties (1982) TV Series (1987-1989)
- If It's Tuesday, It Still Must Be Belgium (1987) (TV)
- Masters of the Universe (1987)
- Down Twisted (1987)
- Murder, She Wrote (2 episodes, 1986)
- Sylvan in Paradise (1986) (TV)
- The Love Boat (1 episode, 1986)
- Misfits of Science (1 episode)
- Misfits of Science (1985) (TV)
- Code Name: Foxfire (1985) (TV) (uncredited)
- As the World Turns (1956) TV Series (unknown episodes, 1984).
Self Filmography :
- Entertainment Tonight (2 episodes, 2003-2006)
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (4 episodes, 1997-2006)
- Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show (2 episodes, 2005)
- Late Show with David Letterman (2 episodes, 2003-2005)
- The 100 Scariest Movie Moments (2004) (mini) TV Series
- The Oprah Winfrey Show (2 episodes, 2003-2004)
- The Sharon Osbourne Show (1 episode, 2004)
- The View (1 episode, 2003)
- Extra (2 episodes, 2003)
- Mad TV (1 episode, 2003)
- The 55th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (2003) (TV)
- 20/20 (1 episode, 2003)
- The 54th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (2002) (TV)
- NBC 75th Anniversary Special (2002) (TV)
- The 59th Annual Golden Globe Awards (2002) (TV)
- E! True Hollywood Story (1 episode, 2001)
- Friends: The Stuff You've Never Seen (2001) (TV)
- Behind the 'Scream' (2000) (V) (as Courteney Cox Arquette).
Courteney Cox Image : thespiannet.com
Courteney Cox News
Courteney Cox Lists