Claudia Schiffer was born on August 25, 1970 in Rheinberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. She is a German supermodel.
Biography and Trivia :
Claudia Schiffer was to become one of the most successful supermodels in the world in the early Nineties. With over 500 magazine covers to her credit, her success in the cut-throat world of fashion has been down to a combination of astute management and stunning blonde looks.
At 17, Claudia Schiffer was spotted at a Dusseldorf disco, by Michel Levaton, boss of the Metropolitan Model Agency. She was then introduced to agent Aline Souliers, who quickly secured her an appearance in French Elle, sparking a flurry of interest around Europe. Her management carefully selected jobs to "stimulate demand" for Schiffer's wholesome looks and, h
alf a dozen magazine covers later, she was chosen by Karl Lagerfeld to be the new Face of Chanel. And a new supermodel was created.
Claudia Schiffer's introduction to the American public quickly followed, with a high profile ad campaign for the newly launched Guess? jeans label - most famously featured in Wayne's World in 1992 (with the description "She's magically babelicious"). The demand for Claudia suddenly exploded, with five US magazine covers and seven European covers appearing at the same time as the ads. In addition to securing contracts for Revlon and Chanel, Claudia began to work extensively on catalogues and catwalk shows for numerous designers including Versace, Dolce & Gabbana and Jil Sander. She also gained the distinction of becoming the first model to make the cover of Vanity Fair, Rolling Stone, the New York Times and People.
Claudia Schiffer's commercial clout has landed her lucrative sponsorship deals with Pepsi and has seen her selling her fitness videos and books. In 1998, she famously stripped off for the Citroięn Xsara "Only Thing To Be Seen In" campaign, which reportedly brought her ¬£3 million even though her voice had to be dubbed by Smack the Pony comedienne Fiona Allen and Claudia hadn't passed her driving test at the time.
Claudia Schiffer was engaged to TV magician David Copperfield
for six years until 1999, when she met Brit playboy Tim Jefferies. Their romance was short-lived, however, and, as she turned 30, Claudia admitted to one magazine: "I actually don't meet very many men because they are, I guess, afraid to approach me or think that I'm from another planet." Happily, in autumn 2000, she met Lock, Stock producer Matthew Vaughn. The couple married in May 2002 and have a son, Caspar Matthew, born in February 2003. Their second child is due at the end of 2004.
- She was engaged to magician David Copperfield (1994 - 1999).
- She is spokeswoman for breast cancer.
- Height 5'11" (180 cm)
- Volunteers for UNICEF.
- She owns the chain of Fashion Cafe restaurants with Naomi Campbell, Christy Turlington and Elle Macpherson.
- Engaged to Green Shields Stamp heir and playboy Tim Jeffries. 
- Engaged to producer Matthew Vaughn [end 2001]
- 30 January 2003, Son, Caspar Matthew De Vere Drummond, born weighing 7 pounds.
- 9 November 2004, she gave birth to a healthy baby daughter, Clementine, in London. The baby reportedly weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces.
- She loves dogs especially German Shepherds.
- She had a craving for curry during her first pregnancy.
- She was ranked #5 in Channel 5's "World's greatest supermodel".
- She presented Prince William Windsor with a polo trophy in 2002.
- She is one of the five supermodels. The others are Christy Turlington
, Cindy Crawford
, Naomi Campbell
, and Linda Evangelista
- Her children are: Caspar and Clementine.
- She is fluent in French.
- She loves Prada.
- "I know one day I'll be considered too old. I think 40-year-old women actually look more healthy and fit than some girls in their 20s. I've met women who have way better bodies in their 40s because they've been working on them for all these years."
- "I actually don't meet very many men because they are, I guess, afraid to approach me or think that I'm from another planet." - on turning 30, to the German magazine Stern
- "I used to work every single day and travel round the world. I worked weekends, I never took one second off. When I met my husband I said, "You know what, this is important. I'm not going to work weekends any more." And when I had kids, I became even more careful. Modelling work is fine because you can do one day here, two days there, you're never long gone."
- "I love being pregnant. You can do whatever you want. You don't feel guilty, because I used to feel guilty about having a day off. And, you know, something really strange happened to me. Before my pregnancies, I was someone who had to watch their weight."
1. "Arrested Development"
- Charity Drive (2003) TV Episode (uncredited) .... Balboa Towers Security
2. Love Actually (2003) .... Carol
3. "Dharma & Greg"
- This Diamond Ring (2002) TV Episode .... Gretchen
- I Think, Therefore I Am in Trouble (2002) TV Episode .... Gretchen
4. Life Without Dick (2002) .... Mary
5. In Pursuit (2001) (V) .... Catherine Wells
6. Black and White (1999) .... Greta
7. Friends & Lovers (1999) .... Carla
8. Desperate But Not Serious (1999) .... Gigi
... aka Reckless + Wild (USA: DVD title)
9. The Blackout (1997) .... Susan
... aka The Blackout (France)
10. Richie Rich (1994) .... Aerobics Instructor
11. "De tu a tu"
- Episode dated 18 February 1993 (1993) TV Episode
Claudia Schiffer Lists