Christy Turlington was born on January 2, 1969 in Walnut Creek, California, United States of America. She is a famous international model and actress.
Biography and Career :
Christy Turlington grew up in Danville, California, with a British father and a mother from El Salvador. She has also worked on various campaigns for Maybelline Cosmetic and Giorgio Armani, has appeared in several films about the fashion industry and was a co-founder of the now defunct Fashion Cafe.
Turlington can lay claim to a long list of accomplishments in the modeling industry, having had numerous million dollar contracts with companies like Maybelline, Chanel and Calvin Klein. Although she is known as one of the most successful supermodels in history, Christy has rejected the 'supermodel' label.
Christy Turlington is widely respected in the fashion industry as one of the friendliest and most professional models in the business. In 1998, she became a part of a group of supermodels in 1988 along with Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Stephanie Seymour and Tatjana Patitz. Christy along with Naomi and Linda were frequently booked together and became known as the "Trinity".
During the 1990s she appeared in the cult film Unzipped, a documentary about fashion designer Isaac Mizrahi, and the fashion mockumentary film Pret-a-Porter by famed director Robert Altman.
Additionally, she was featured in Catwalk, a documentary covering life on the fashion runways, by director Robert Leacock. The documentry was filmed in 1993 and premiered in 1996. The film followed Christy and her fellow models Naomi Campbell, Yasmin Le Bon, Kate Moss and Carla Bruni as they jetted around London, Milan, Paris and New York for the Spring Fashion Weeks. It included rare footage of what goes on behind the scenes at big shows including fittings, parties, shopping and catfights.
The film was shot in black and white and color, and featured many top designers at work like a young John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld and Gianni Versace only one year before his death.
- "I have a beer belly."
- "Not all models are meant to be actors."
- "You can usually tell when I'm happy by the fact that I've put on weight."
- "I love fashion, but I'm not obsessed with it."
- She went back to school in 1994 and graduated cum laude in 1999, from the Gallatin School of Individualized Study of New York University (NYU), where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree with a concentration in Comparative Religion and Eastern Philosophy.
- Despite being a huge yoga enthusiast and majoring in eastern philosophy, decided that she was going back to her Catholic roots and go back to eating meat.
- She graduated from NYU with a degree in Comparative Religion and Eastern Philosophy (1999).
- She is a Jivamukti (ashtanga) Yoga enthusiast.
- She has a dog named "MicSpic" in honor of her Hispanic and her husband's Irish backgrounds.
- She used to order Kentucky Fried Chicken Original Recipe for her lunch during modeling shoots for Cosmopolitan magazine.
- Height : 5'10"/178 cm
1. Unzipped (1995) (very special thanks)
Christy Turlington Lists
Christy Turlington Pictures