Christina Milian (birth name Christine Marie Flores) was born on September 26, 1981 in Jersey City, New Jersey, United States. She is a two-time Grammy Award-nominated American singer-songwriter, actress, and record producer.
Biography and Career :
Christina Milian was born in Jersey City, New Jersey, to Afro-Cuban parents, Carmen and Don, and has two younger sisters, Danielle and Elizabeth. Her family moved to Waldorf, Maryland soon after her birth and she set her heart on an entertainment career at the age of four.
Christina Milian did commercials (Wendy's, Honeycombs) and played the lead role in the musical Annie before moving to Los Angeles, California at 13 to pursue an acting career; Her father didn't move with the rest her family and divorced her mother soon after.
Her mother is now her manager. Milian is conversational in English and Spanish.
In 2000, Christina Milian performed vocals on Ja Rule's song Between Me and You from his album Rule 3:36. The song became a hit building her reputation as a singer. She also co-wrote and provided extensive backing vocals for the track "Play" for Jennifer Lopez's 2001 album J. Lo which became another big hit.
Christina Milian would later pass down the song to J. Lo because of already having a "club" song "AM to PM" as promotion. She also went on to co-write "Same Ol' Same Ol", the first single from girl group PYT's album Down With Me.
In 2001, Christina Milian released her first solo single, "AM To PM", off her self-titled debut album. It became a worldwide hit reaching the top 5 in the UK and Denmark, top 10 in the Netherlands, and top 40 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and in Australia. The success of "AM To PM" sparked the international release of the Christina Milian album, although not in the U.S. The second single "When You Look At Me" was another international hit reaching the top 5 in the UK, Netherlands, and Ireland and making the top 40 in Denmark, Australia, and France.The third single Get Away had a video but wasn't released. Christina Milian was also featured on the track "It's All Gravy", a duet with Romeo of the garage group So Solid Crew. It was another UK top ten hit single in 2002. She also wrote and sang the theme song for the Disney series Kim Possible, "Call Me Beep Me" later that year.
Personal Life :
On August 6, 2005 Christina Milian co-hosted The Reign at the Gerald W. Lynch Theatre in New York City with actor/singer Eric West, the event was designed by a group of inner-city children in 2003 to raise funding and awareness for HIV/AIDS prevention education for men, women and children living with HIV and AIDS, as well as working with the Fresh Air Fund to continue to help other inner-city children and family's. Both Christina Milian and West were awarded Outstanding Achievement Awards for their humanitarian efforts
- Pets: Baby (Chihuahua) and Missy (Yorkshire Terrier).
- Featured on the song "Between Me And You" by Ja Rule.
- Had two number 3 songs in the UK top 40 chart
- Released her hit single "AM to PM", which reached #27 on the Billboard Hot 100, in 2001.
- Christina Milian Height : 5'2"/157 cm
- Was on the original "Girl Talk" game box when she was 11 years old.
- Is a recording star for Def Jam records.
- Is of African and Spanish Cuban descent
- She is conversational in English and Spanish.
- Graduated from Westlake High School in Waldorf, Maryland.
- Attended Matthew Henson Middle School in Indian Head, Maryland.
- Born on the same day as tennis star Serena Williams.
- Is Cuban-American. Her parents are from Cuba.
- She has two younger sisters, Danielle and Elizabeth.
- Her mother is now her manager.
- Her parents are Don and Carmen Flores.
- "I make a lot of my own clothes. I don't like wearing the same thing everybody else wears".
- "When I go home, I still have to clean my room, I still have to do the dishes. We have somebody come every now and then to do that stuff, but my mom still makes me clean before she comes."
- "If music could go my way, I would say music. But, y'know, movies pay the bills. And I could always play a musician in a movie."
Discography - Albums :
1. Christina Milian (2001) - #23 UK
2. It's About Time (2004) - #14 U.S., #21 UK
3. So Amazin' (2006) - #11 U.S., #67 UK
1. Crood Awakening (2008)
2. Pulse (2006) .... Isabell Fuentes
3. Be Cool (2005) .... Linda Moon
4. Man of the House (2005/I) .... Anne
5. Torque (2004) .... Nina
6. Love Don't Cost a Thing (2003) .... Paris Morgan
7. Def Jam Vendetta (2003) (VG) (voice) .... Angel
8. Kim Possible: Revenge of Monkey Fist (2002) (VG) (voice)
9. "Get Real" (1999)
10. The Wood (1999) .... Girls at Dance
11. American Pie (1999) .... Band Member
12. "Clueless" (1999)
13. "The Wild Thornberrys" (1999)
14. "Charmed" (1999)
15. "The Steve Harvey Show" (1999)
16. Durango Kids (1999) .... Ellie
17. A Bug's Life (1998) (voice) .... Additional Voices
18. Clips' Place (1998) (TV)
19. "Sister, Sister"
Christina Milian News
Christina Milian Lists