Cher (birth name Cheryl Sarkisian LaPiere) was born on May 20, 1946 in El Centro, California, USA. She is a famous artist.
Biography and Career :
She became a songwriter, singer, entertainer, actress and author and has won many awards, among them the Oscar, the Grammy and Emmy awards. Her mother also dreamed of becoming a star but her daughter really managed to achieve this.
Her career started after she met her future husband and they finally became lovers. They released an album together and they became famous. Her debut solo album was released in 1965 and it was called "All I Really Want to Do".
She has released many albums since then and started appearing in movies and television shows. Her career became successful and she is now (2007) one of the world's greatest sin
On October 27, 1964 she married Sonny Bono, but in 1975 the couple divorced. The couple has one child, Chastity Bono. She remarried with Gregg Allman on June 30, 1975. They have a child Elijah Allman, but after four years of marriage divorced.
When she was thirty, doctors told her she has dyslexia. She is helping people through charity actions and she is a great woman, with a wonderful spirit and body. We hope we can enjoy her appearances many years from now.
- Height: 171 cm
- The record for oldest female artist with a Number 1 hit ("Believe") is hers.
- She likes very much Katharine Hepburn and is her fan.
- She has done some plastic surgeries.
- She has Cherokee, English, German and Irish origins.
- "It's not necessary, in order to be a complete person, that I have a man. It's not the end-all, be-all of my life."
- "In this business you have to be tough, and if someone pushes me really far I can certainly be impossible. I've always said, 'If you're nice they walk over you and if you stand up for yourself they call you a bitch.' "
- "I'm not a role model, nor have I ever tried to be a role model. The only thing about me as a role model is I've managed to stay here and be working and survive. For 40 years."
- "I'm like a bumper car. When I did an infomercial I was fodder for every TV comedy show. I couldn't get a job. People said I was a huge joke. I've been a joke so many times. I've been on my way out since I started, but I'm strong willed. My mother is so much tougher than I am and my grandmother is so much tougher than my mother."
- "I haven't a clue why I've lasted so long. There's no reason. There are many people more talented than me. I think it's luck."
- Tea with Mussolini (1999)
- If These Walls Could Talk (1996) (TV) (segment "1996")
- Faithful (1996)
- 9 (1996) (VG) (voice)
- Coca Cola Pop Music Backstage Pass to Summer (1991) (TV)
- Mermaids (1990)
- An Evening with... (1990) (TV)
- Moonstruck (1987)
- Saturday Night Live (1 episode, 1987)
- Suspect (1987)
- The Witches of Eastwick (1987)
- Mask (1985)
- Rabbit Ears: The Ugly Duckling (1985) (V)
- Silkwood (1983)
- Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean (1982)
- Love, American Style (1 episode, 1971)
- Playboy After Dark (1 episode, 1970)
- Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In (2 episodes, 1968-1969)
- Chastity (1969)
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1 episode, 1967)
- Drehscheibe, Die' (1 episode, 1966).
Cher Image : ticketvision.com