Charisma Carpenter (full name Charisma Lee Carpenter) was born on July 23, 1970 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. She is an American actress of Mexican and Cherokee descent.
Biography and Career :
At the young age of 5, Charisma Carpenter was already studying classical ballet.
Although Charisma Carpenter enjoyed living in Los Vegas, her parents decided to move to Mexico when she was 15 years old. It was at this point that Charisma decided to attend the School of Creative and Performing Arts and do the one-hour commute from Mexico to San Diego
Charisma Carpenter was discovered by a commercial agent when she was a waitress. This led to several roles on TV advertisements. Charisma Carpenter made guest appearances in Baywatch and Miss Match, and she has had a role in Malibu Shores
. Her most well known role was that of Cordelia on TV's Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.
Charisma Carpenter is one of the only cast members from "Buffy" and "Angel" who refuses to charge for her autograph at fan conventions. She has also had a 'recurring' role as a psychic demon called The Seer in the popular witch drama Charmed, appearing in three episodes.
In 2004, Carpenter modeled nude for the June 2004 issue of Playboy magazine.
As of 2005, Carpenter has a recurring role as Kendall Casablancas in the TV series Veronica Mars.
Despite the difficulties adjusting to her name, Charisma's childhood mirrors that of any young girl, well, any girl without "active, outdoorsy brothers and...five wild, Harley-Davidson riding uncles!" Relocating as much as the Carpenter family did during her youth meant Charisma had to make determined choices and live life to the fullest when any new experience crossed her path, something she ascribes to that special flare Las Vegas can imprint on a young child.
"Living my life to the fullest meant performing in local lounge shows, attending a special high school for the performing arts in San Diego (a one-hour commute from out home in Mexico), and, of course, riding motorcycles with my uncles."
- She is best known for playing the character Cordelia Chase in the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off Angel.
- Was a cheerleader for the San Diego Chargers' football team.
- Named by her mother after a brand of perfume
- She has a tribal sun tattooed on her back.
- Gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Donovan Charles Hardy, at 9:50 PM on March 24th 2003 at Cedar Sinai hospital in Beverly Hills.
- Is half Mexican and half Cherokee.
- Has a rosary tattoo on her left wrist.
- Appears on the June 2004 cover of Playboy with a 10 page layout inside.
- Her characters on both "Angel" (1999) and "Charmed" (1998) could see into the future.
- She has two half brothers, Troy and Kenny.
- Was in a Unaired pilot called "Like Cats & Dogs"
- She speaks Spanish, however she states that she's not fluent, despite being of Mexican ancestry and spending time living in Mexico as a child.
"I was a little turned off by the idea of doing another bitch. But my agent put it to me quite frankly, that you have to be known before you can be typecast."
"I had my heart set on becoming an English teacher, but stumbled into acting after meeting a theatrical agent in my dad's restaurant in San Diego." [June 30, 2003]
"Lots of doors have opened for me because of Buffy and Angel but, although I'm ambitious, I'm not going to just do anything simply because the money is good. If I can't love a project, then I'm not interested." [June 30, 2003]
"I'm a mixed breed and hope to live longer because of it."
"I was a little turned off by the idea of doing another bitch. But my agent put it to me quite frankly, that you have to be known before you can be typecast." (On her role as Cordelia)
"My mom owned a retail store, so I had these hot satin pants. I was like Satan at my all-Christian school."
"I don't really see myself being a sex symbol at all."
"You can take the girl out of Vegas, but you can't take the Vegas out of the girl."
Charisma Carpenter Lists
Charisma Carpenter Pictures