Catherine Deneuve (birth name Catherine Fabienne Dorleac) was born on October 22, 1943 in Paris, France. She is a famous French actress.
Biography and Career :
She is the daughter of actor Maurice Dorleac. She made her debut in film performing in "Les Collegiennes" (1965), at the age of 13. Her career became more and more successful and the actress won her reputation in the industry of cinema in France due to her roles in the films of Luis Bunuel and Roman Polanski.
She was awarded in 1980 as Best Female Act with "The Last Metro" by the French Cinema Academy and with "Place Vendome" in 1998. In Venice she was awarded also with "Place Vendome" -Best Female Act, in 1998. In 2000, the movie star Catherine Deneuve was carefully watched by critics when she showed up in the musi
cal "Dancer in the Dark". This film was awarded with Palme D'Or at the Film Festival at Cannes.
- She has never performed in the theatre due to stage fright.
- She had a brand of perfume named after her.
- She is the mother-in-law of singer Benjamin Biolay.
- She is designer of glasses, shoes, jewelry, perfume, and greeting cards.
- She was member of the international jury of the Shangai¯ Television festival in 1988.
- She was vice president of jury at the Cannes Film Festival in 1994.
- She speaks fluent Italian and French, as well as semi-fluent English and German.
- She was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history (#38) in (1995).
- "People who know me know I'm strong, but I'm vulnerable."
- "I don't see any reason for marriage when there is divorce."
- "Love is suffering. One side always loves more ..."
- "People have always thought of me as someone who's very classical,
when in fact I've led a rather unconventional life."
- "Opportunities are often things you haven't noticed the first time around."
- Black Diamond (2007)
- Apres Lui / After Him (2007)
- Persepolis (2007) (voice)
- Heros de la famille, Le (2006)
- Concile de Pierre, Le / The Stone Council (2006)
- Palais Royal! (2005)
- Princesse Marie (TV) (2004)
- Temps qui changent, Les / Changing Times (2004)
- Kings and Queen (2003)
- Un filme falado / A Talking Picture (2003)
- Liaisons dangereuses, Les (TV) (2003)
- Au plus pres du paradis / Nearest to Heaven (2002)
- 8 femmes / 8 Women (2002)
- Petit poucet, Le (2001)
- The Musketeer (TV) (2001)
- Absolument fabuleux (2001)
- Je rentre a la maison / Im Going Home (2001)
- Dancer in the Dark (2000)
- Est-Ouest / East-West (1999)
- Temps retrouve, Le / Time Regained (1999)
- Pola X (1999)
- Belle maman / Beautiful Mother (1999)
- Vent de la nuit, Le (1999)
- Place Vendome (1998)
- Sans titre (1997) (short film)
- Genealogies d'un crime (1997)
- Court toujours : L'inconnu (TV) (1996)
- Voleurs, Les / Thieves (1996)
- O Convento / The Convent (1995)
- Inconnu, L' (1995) (short film)
- Cent et une nuits de Simon Cinema, Les / A Hundred and One Nights (1995)
- Partie d'echecs, La / The Chess Game (1994)
- Les Demoiselles ont eu 25 ans / The Young Girls Turn 25 (1993)
- Ma saison preferee / My Favorite Season (1993)
- Indochine (1992)
- Reine blanche, La (1991)
- Drole d'endroit pour une rencontre / A Strange Place to meet (1988)
- Frequence meurtre / Frequent Death (1988)
- Agent trouble (1987)
- Lieu du crime, Le / Scene of the Crime (1986)
- Fort Saganne (1984)
- Paroles et musique / Love Songs (1984)
- Bon plaisir, Le (1984)
- The Hunger (1983)
- Africain, L' (1983)
- Choc, Le / Shock (1982)
- Hotel des Ameriques / Hotel America (1981)
- Choix des armes, Le / Choice of Arms (1981)
- Je vous aime / I Love You All (1980)
- Dernier metro, Le / The Last Metro (1980)
- Courage fuyons (1979)
- A nous deux / Us Two (1979)
- Ils sont grands, ces petits (1979)
- Ecoute voir... (1979)
- Argent des autres, L' (1978)
- Casotto (1977)
- March or die (1977)
- Anima persa (1977)
- Si c'etait a refaire (1976)
- Hustle (1975)
- Sauvage, Le (1975)
- Agression, L' (1975)
- Zig zig (1975)
- Femme aux bottes rouges, La / The Woman with Red Boots (1974)
- Touche pas a la femme blanche / Don't Touch the White Woman! (1974)
- Grande Bourgeoise, La (1974)
- Slightly Pregnant Man (1973)
- Un flic (1972)
- Liza (1972)
- Ca n'arrive qu'aux autres / It Only Happens to Others (1971)
- Peau d'ane / Donkey Skin (1970)
- Tristana (1970)
- Tout peut arriver (1969)
- Sirene du Mississippi, La / Mississippi Mermaid (1969)
- The April Fools (1969)
- Mayerling (1968)
- Manon 70 (1968)
- Chamade, La / Heartbeat (1968)
- Benjamin (1968)
- Belle de jour (1967)
- Demoiselles de Rochefort, Les / The Young Girls of Rochefort (1967)
- Creatures, Les / The Creatures (1966)
- Vie de chateau, La (1966)
- Chant du monde, Le (1965)
- Liebeskarussell, Das / The Daisy Chain (1965)
- Petits chats, Les / Wild Roots of Love (1965)
- Repulsion (1965)
- Un monsieur de compagnie (1965)
- Chasse a l'homme, La (1964)
- Plus belles escroqueries du monde, Les (1964)
- Les Parapluies de Cherbourg / The Umbrellas of Cherbourg (1964)
- Costanza della ragione, La (1964)
- Vacances portugaises (1963)
- Le vice et la vertu / Vice and Virtue (1963)
- Dossier 1413 (1963)
- Parisiennes, Les / Tales of Paris (1962)
- Et satan conduit le bal (1962)
- Homme a femmes, L' (1960)
- Les portes claquent (1960)
- Collegiennes, Les / Twilight Girls (1957).
Catherine Deneuve Image : cs.wikipedia.org
Catherine Deneuve Lists
Catherine Deneuve Pictures