Cate Blanchett (real name Catherine Elise Blanchett) was born on May 14, 1969, in Melbourne, Australia
. She is a famous Australian actress.
Biography and Career :
She graduated the National Institute of Dramatic Art in Australia in 1992 and one year later she joined the "Top Girls" production at the theatre in Sidney. There she played the part of Felice Bauer in "Kafka Dances", winning in 1993 the Debut Prize. Another prize followed for the best actress-Rosemont Prize in "Oleanna".
In 1995, she played Ophelia in "Hamlet", being nominated for the Best Female Act. Cate Blanchett made her debut in film in 1997 in "Paradise Road". In 1998 she showed up in "Elizabeth", winning many awards for her main charac
ter. Among these, we notice the Golden Globe for the Best Female Act in a drama. She was also nominated for the Academy Award, but she lost it to Gwyneth Paltrow
. She starred in successful films such as: "Bandits" (2001), "The Shipping News" (2001), "Charlotte Gray" (2001), "The Lord of the Rings". Cate Blanchett was the first to win the Award of The Circle of the Critics of Theatre the award for the Best Debut and also for Best Female Act the same year. She also became the first Oscar winner that had performed an Oscar winner: Katharine Hepburn.
Cate Blanchett got married on December 29, 1997 with Andrew Upton. She has two children: Dashiell John, born on December 3, 2001 in London and Roman Robert, born on April 23, 2004. In 1999 Cate was considered one of the most beautiful 50 people in the world by "People" magazine.
- She discovered she was pregnant when she passed out on the set of her new movie "The Life Aquatic", while she was being fitted with a prosthetic belly.
- She was named the most stylish actress and woman of the year at Britain's 2005 Elle Style Awards.
- She criticized other actresses for using botox.
- She is putting her film career on hold to become artistic director of an Australian theater company.
- Height: 5' 8½''
- Her husband is Andrew Upton (film editor, screenwriter; married in June 1997).
- She has two sons, Roman Robert Upton (born on April 23, 2004 in London), Dashiell John Upton (born in December 3, 2001).
- "If I had my way, if I was lucky enough, if I could be on the brink my entire lifeÃ¢â‚¬' that great sense of expectation and excitement without the disappointmentÃ¢â‚¬' that would be the perfect state."
- "If you know you are going to fail, then fail gloriously."
- "You know you've made it when you've been moulded in miniature plastic. But you know what children do with Barbie dolls - it's a bit scary, actually."
- "Working with Martin Scorsese
was an absolute minute-by-minute education without him ever being grandiose about it."
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- The Golden Age (2007)
- I'm Not There (2007)
- Notes on a Scandal (2006)
- The Good German (2006)
- Babel (2006)
- Little Fish (2005)
- Stories of Lost Souls (2005)
- The Aviator (2004)
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
- The Missing (2003/I)
- Coffee and Cigarettes (2003)
- Veronica Guerin (2003)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
- Heaven (2002)
- The Shipping News (2001)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
- Bandits (2001)
- The Gift (2000)
- The Man Who Cried (2000)
- The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)
- Pushing Tin (1999)
- An Ideal Husband (1999)
- Bangers (1999)
- Elizabeth (1998)
- Oscar and Lucinda (1997)
- Thank God He Met Lizzie (1997)
- Paradise Road (1997)
- Parklands (1996)
- "Bordertown" (1995) (mini) TV Series
- Police Rescue (1994)
- "Heartland" (1994) (mini) TV Series
- "Police Rescue" (1 episode, 1993)
- "G.P." (1989) TV Series (unknown episodes).
Cate Blanchett's Dates :
Andrew Upton (1997 - Now)
Cate Blanchett Image : nndb.com
Cate Blanchett Articles
Cate Blanchett News
Cate Blanchett Lists