Bruce Springsteen (full name Bruce Frederick Joseph Springsteen) was born on September 23, 1949 in Long Branch, New Jersey, USA. He is one of the most famous musicians in America.
Biography and Career :
He is a singer, songwriter and guitarist and he started his music career in 1965. He sings Rock, Heartland rock and Folk. During the years he has won many Grammy and Emmy awards, including for Best Solo Performance and Best Album.
He released his debut album, Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J, in 1973. After that he released another twenty-four albums. The last one is entitled Magic and it was released in October 2007.
He has a great voice, is known worldwide and his songs are listened in every corner of the world. He married Julianne Phillips on May 13, 1985, but after fou
r years the couple divorced. On June 8, 1991 he married Patti Scialfa. They have a happy marriage and three children: Evan James, Jessica Rae and Sam Ryan.
He received the Polar Music Prize and the Royal Swedish Academy of Music Award in 1997. After one year he lost his father.
His song "Streets of Philadelphia" from "Philadelphia" received the Oscar award in 1993. He is a true star and during the years had done lots of tours and performed in many concerts.
- Height: 178 cm
- His nickname is The Boss.
- His favorite movie is "The Searchers".
- Virginia and Pamela Springsteen are his sisters.
- Ray Charles and Jason Alexander have the same birthday as he has.
- "When it comes to luck, you make your own."
- "Music was my way of keeping people from looking through and around me. I wanted the heavies to know I was around."
- Murder Incorporated (1995)
- Late Night with David Letterman (1 episode, 1993)
- Saturday Night Live (1 episode, 1992).
Bruce Springsteen Image : telegraph.co.uk
Bruce Springsteen News