Bono (birth name Paul David Hewson) was born on May 10, 1960 in Dublin, Ireland. He is a famous artist well known also for his charity actions.
Biography and Career :
He is the lead singer of the band U2. The members of the group are Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr.. Their first album was released in 1980 and it was called "Boy". Besides this album they have released another fourteen albums during the years. They are very successful even today (2007). The awards won by them are the Brit Award for International Group in 1989 and 1990, the British Phonographic Industry Award for International Group in 1988, the 2001 Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution, the 2004 Q Icon Award and many others.
He is also a guitarist and songwriter besides being a vocalist. H
e is a great artist and all his life has tried to help people and especially children. He has sung at many charitable concerts and has tried to convince other stars to do the same. Together with the band, he promoted human rights and the manager Paul McGuinnessn awarded them the Amnesty International's Ambassador of Conscience Award. Bono has a great personality and is one of the greatest artists the planet has ever had. His fans are all over the world and he is a true symbol of how a man should look and act. We wish him a great career and a wonderful and happy life along his family.
On August 21, 1982 he married Ali Hewson and the couple has now four children: Jordan, born in 1989, Memphis Eve, born in 1991, Elijah Bob Patricius Guggi Q, born in 1999 and John Abraham, born in 2001. One of his children, Jordan, was born in the same day as he was.
- Height: 170 cm
- In 2003 he was awarded with Chevalier dans l'Ordre de la Legion d'Honneur from French President Jacques Chirac.
- "Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching."
- "Everyone argues, then we do what I say."
- "It costs a fortune to look this trashy."
- "Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades..."
- "I could go onstage, unzip my pants, and hang my dick out, and people would think it was a statement about something."
- "Overcoming my dad telling me that I could never amount to anything is what has made me the megalomaniac that you see today"
- "I love art too much to call these anything other than marks on paper"
- "I think ABBA have a pure joy to their music and that's what makes them extraordinary."
- "U2 is sort of song writing by accident really. We don't really know what we're doing and when we do, it doesn't seem to help."
- "Look, I'm sick of Bono and I AM Bono."
- Across the Universe (2007)
- Off the Record (1 episode, 2006)
- The Million Dollar Hotel (2000) (uncredited)
- Sightings of Bono (2000) (V).
Bono Image : brianmpei.files.wordpress.com