Bjork (birth name Bjork Guomundsdottir) was born on November 21, 1965 in Reykjavik, Iceland. She is a successful singer and songwriter.
Biography and Career :
When she was eleven years old she started taking piano lessons. This is how her career started. After three years she was founding the all-girl punk band 'Spit and Snot'. In 1980 she finished her music studies and formed 'Jam-80' along bassist Jakob Magnusson. A new band KUKL was formed and they were successful. In 1993 she released her first solo album, called "Debut". Until now (2007) she has released ten albums, all very successful. Her latest album (2007) is named "Volta".
She is a famous artist, thing confirmed by her numerous awards and recognitions. At the Brit Awards she won the award for Best Breakthrough Act
in 1994 and Best International Female in 1994, 1996 and 1998. At the MTV Music Awards, Bjork won the Best Choreography in 1996, Best Art Direction in 1998 and Best Special Effects in 2000. In 2000 she also won the Best Actress award at the Cannes Film Festival. In 2001 she received a nomination for Best Original Song in a Motion Picture with "I've Seen It All". In 2005 she received the Q Inspiration Award and she was elected the world's most eccentric star in a poll by the BBC at the beginning of the year 2006. At the MOJO Awards she won the Inspiration Award in 2007.
She was married to Thor Eldon, but they are now divorced. The couple has one child. In 2000 she married Matthew Barney and they have one daughter, Isadora.
- Height: 163 cm
- In VH1's 100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll list she was placed on the 36th position.
- Madonna, P.J. Harvey and Tori Amos are some of her friends.
- "What probably confuses people is they know a lot about me, but it quite pleases me that there's more they don't know."
- "Sometimes doing the same thing for a really long time freaks me out, routine freaks me out. But then again, always doing new things can be lazy...it's tricky. I can be very sneaky with myself."
- "People are always asking me about eskimos, but there are no eskimos in Iceland."
- "I find it very difficult to draw a line between what's sex and what isn't. It can be very, very sexy to drive a car, and completely unsexy to flirt with someone at a bar."
- "All people have their own way of dealing with everyday problems. some go for walks, others get drunk and some get laid. I write songs."
- "Singing is like a celebration of oxygen."
- Anna and the Moods (2007)
- Drawing Restraint 9 (2005)
- Dancer in the Dark (2000)
- Pret-a-Porter (1994)
- The Juniper Tree (1990.
Bjork Image : lubbockonline.com