Billy Crystal was born on March 14, 1947 in Long Beach, Long Island, New York, USA. He is a a Jewish American actor, writer, producer, comedian and film director.
Biography and Career :
His father was jazz-concerts producers, that's why Billy Crystal spent his childhood in the company of musical legend as Billie Holiday, Pee Wee Russel and Eddy Condon. When he was 5, Billy Crystal wanted to become a real professional in comedy or baseball.
He made his debut as an actor in "Rabbit Test". His success went in "This is Spinal Tap" (1984), "The Princess Bride" (1987), "Throw Momma from the Train" (1987) and "When Harry Met Sally" (1989). In 1998, the production "My Giant" was a failure. After a period of time, Billy Crystal was an actor and executive producer in "Analyze This".
To continue that real success, in 2002 showed up "Analyze That".
- Nationality: American
- Height: 5' 7''
- His mother is Helen Crystal.
- His father is Jack Crystal (jazz promoter, managed his uncle's Commodore Music Shop in New York).
- His wife is Janice Crystal (met at Nassau Community College; married in June 4, 1970).
- He has 2 daughters, Lindsay Crystal (filmmaker; born in 1977), Jennifer Crystal (actress; born in January 26, 1973).
- He has a grand daughter Ella Ryan (born June 20, 2003).
- "Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place."
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
- "The reason we are together is because she puts lead in my shoes and doesn't let me fly off the earth. And it's always been that way."
- "I had a dream that Connie Chung is doing a newscast about my death and they show a clip from Soap."
- Rabbit Test - (1978) as "Lionel Carpenter"
- Animalympics - (1980) (voiceover) as "Lodge Turkell"
- This Is Spinal Tap - (1984) as "Morty the Mime"
- Running Scared - (1986) as "Danny Costanzo"
- The Princess Bride - (1987) as "Miracle Max"
- Throw Momma from the Train - (1987) as "Larry Donner"
- Memories of Me - (1988) as Abbie
- When Harry Met Sally... - (1989) as "Harry Burns"
- City Slickers (1991) as "Mitch Robbins"
- Horton Hatches the Egg (1992) narrator (voice)
- Mr. Saturday Night (1992) as "Buddy Young, Jr."
- City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold (1994) as "Mitch Robbins"
- Forget Paris (1995) as "Mickey Gordon" (also directed by Billy Crystal)
- Hamlet (1996) as "First Gravedigger"
- Deconstructing Harry (1997) as "Larry/The Devil"
- Father's Day (1997) as "Jack Lawrence"
- My Giant (1998) as "Sam 'Sammy' Kamin"
- Analyze This (1999) as "Ben Sobel, M.D."
- America's Sweethearts (2001) as "Lee Phillips"
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) as "Michael (Mike) Wazowski" (voice)
- Analyze That (2002) as "Ben Sobel, M.D."
- Howl's Moving Castle (film) (2005) as "Calcifer" (voice)
- Cars (2006) (cameo voice).
Billy Crystal Image : billy-crystal.com
Billy Crystal Lists