Bill Gates (full name William Henry Gates III) was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington, USA. He is one of the two founders of Microsoft. He is also an entrepreneur, philanthropist and chairman of Microsoft.
Biography and Career :
His family was a wealthy one, as his father was a lawyer and his mother in the board of directors for First Interstate Bank and the United Way. Being a good student at mathematics and science, he attended the Lakeside School. Soon he started to approach the MITS and then decided to continue with Allen on their own. They created Microsoft and with his genius mind he managed to become one of the richest persons on the planet. He attended the Harvard University, but renounced in 1975 in order to have enough time dedicated to Microsoft.
e beginning of the 1980's they created Windows and year after year they improved it. Very quickly almost the entire world was using this operating system. When he was only 31 years old he became a billionaire. On January 1, 1994 he married Melinda Gates. The couple has three children. He is not spending the money just for him and his family. On the contrary, he created the charitable Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and since 2000 he donated over 29 billion dollars. Since June 2006 he has a part-time job at Microsoft, but he is still a chairman. He is dedicating his time to charity actions.
His actions of charity are recognized and he received four honorary doctorates from the Nyenrode Business Universiteit, Breukelen, The Netherlands in 2000, the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden in 2002, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan in 2005 and a fourth in 2007 from Harvard University. The two husbands received the Order of the Aztec Eagle and the Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation.
- Height: 178 cm
- He is the richest persons on planet since 1998.
- His favorite sports are golf and bridge.
- He is a person that reads very much.
- His IQ is 160.
- "In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone."
- "Microsoft was founded with a vision of a computer on every desk, and in every home. We've never wavered from that vision."
- "In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid."
- "Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning."
- "It's fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure."
Bill Gates Image : uk.gizmodo.com
Bill Gates Articles
Bill Gates Lists