Barbra Streisand (full name Barbara Joan Streisand) was born on April 24, 1942 in Brooklyn, New York, USA. She is a famous actress, singer, producer, director and composer.
Biography and Career :
She attended the Bais Yakov School and Erasmus Hall High School in Brooklyn. Her parents' names are Diana Rosen and Emmanuel Streisand. When she was a teenager she started singing in nightclubs. This is how her career began.
She was seen on Broadway and in 1962 released her first album called "I Can Get It for You Wholesale". During the years she released many albums, perhaps over 60. She is a very successful singer and not only in the United States, but in the entire world. Her fame is well known and she is not only a star, a diva, she is a legend. Her acting career started in 19
70 with "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever". From then on she appeared in "Up the Sandbox", "A Star Is Born", "The Prince of Tides" or "Meet the Fockers". She was awarded with a Grammy, an Emmy, an Oscar and a Tony and was the first person to achieve that. Her albums were sold in millions of copies, her films were seen all over the planet and her name is known by all of us. She entered the charts with her singles on the highest positions and amazed everybody with her talent, personality and spirit.
On March 21, 1963 she married Elliott Gould. They have one child Jason Gould, but in 1971 they divorced. In 1998 she married James Brolin.
- Height: 165 cm
- She likes to eat Chinese food and coffee ice cream.
- Two of her best friends are Shirley MacLaine and Donna Karan.
- She was elected the best selling female singer of the 20th Century.
- "I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy, and driven."
- "Oh God, don't envy me, I have my own pains."
- "The audience is the barometer of the truth."
- "I hate tooting my own horn, but after Steven Spielberg saw Yentl (1983), he said, 'I wish I could tell you how to fix your picture, but I can't. It's the best film I've seen since Citizen Kane (1941)'".
- "One thing's for sure: now when I look at Funny Girl (1968), I think I was gorgeous. I was too beautiful to play Fanny Brice".
- Meet the Fockers (2004)
- The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996)
- The Prince of Tides (1991)
- Nuts (1987)
- Yentl (1983)
- All Night Long (1981)
- The Main Event (1979)
- A Star Is Born (1976)
- Funny Lady (1975)
- For Pete's Sake (1974)
- The Way We Were (1973)
- Up the Sandbox (1972)
- What's Up, Doc? (1972)
- The Owl and the Pussycat (1970)
- On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (1970).
Barbra Streisand Image : theage.com.au
Barbra Streisand News
Barbra Streisand Lists
Barbra Streisand Pictures