Name: Barbi Benton
Birth place: Sacramento, California, USA
Birth date: January 28,1950
Height: 5' 3" (1,60m)
Husband: George Gradow(Real Estate Developer)
Children: Son: - Alexander Benton Gradow Daughter: -Ariana
Occupation: Actress and singer
Studies: Rio Americano High School, Sacramento, CA
Biography and Career :
Barbi Benton (birth name Barbara Klein) was born on January 28, 1950 in New York, USA. She is a model, singer and actress.
Her family is Jewish/American and in 1952 they moved to Sacramento, California because her father was a military doctor and he had to go there. She attended classes at Rio Americano High School in Sacramento and at the age of 16 decided to move to Los Angeles. She started a
career as an actress and a musician.
In 1968 she had met Hugh Hefner and soon moved with him as his girlfriend. He said she should change her name and that's how she became Barbie Benton. Despite her love liaison with Hefner, Benton never was a Playmate of the Month, though she did appear on some covers and in various pictorials. She also never worked as a Playboy Bunny. Barbi left Hugh because he didn't want a family and married on October 14, 1979 George Gradow, a successful real estate developer. They have two children.
Why we like Barbi Benton?
Barbi Benton was especialy appreciated for her music. She appears on ten different albums(eight in her own name, and two various artists), and also a number of singles.One of her most prized album is "Barbi Doll" from 1978.
Why is Barbi Benton famous?
Benton is known for her years as a regular on the country music series Hee Haw, appearing in comic skits with other cast members. She left the program after four seasons to concentrate on a more Hollywood-oriented career. She also starred in the short-lived ABC-TV comedy series Sugar Time! about an aspiring female rock group in 1977.
- "I believe that mink are raised for being turned into fur coats and if we didn't wear fur coats those little animals would never have been born. So is it better not to have been born or to have lived for a year or two to have been turned into a fur coat? I don't know."
- "I was 18 and he was 42. I said I'd never gone out with anyone older than 24, and he said, 'That's all right. Neither have I.' We hit it off right away, and it lasted for eight years!"
- Measurements: 34B-23-34 (while on "Hee Haw" (1969))
- Height: 160 cm
- She had at least two spreads in Playboy.
- Her father was a doctor in Carmichael, California.
- She recorded country and pop albums.
- Is portrayed by Rebecca Herbst in Hefner: Unauthorized (1999) (TV).
- She now works as an interior decorator.
- Regarding the song "Ain't That Just The Way" - In 1977 this song was recorded by the Dutch singer Patricia Paay under the title "Poor Jeremy".
- Barbi Doll (1974)
- Barbi Benton (1975)
- Something New (1976)
- Ain't That Just The Way (1978)
- Kinetic Voyage (1988)
- "Barbarian" (2003) (V) (uncredited)
- "Hammer House of Mystery and Suspense" (1 episode, 1986)
- "Riptide" (1 episode, 1986)
- "Murder, She Wrote" (1 episode, 1986)
- "Mike Hammer" (1 episode, 1984)
- "Deathstalker" (1983)
- "Matt Houston" (1 episode, 1983)
- "Hospital Massacre" (1982)
- "Fantasy Island" (8 episodes, 1978-1982)
- "The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo" (1 episode, 1981)
- "CHiPs" (2 episodes, 1981)
- "The Love Boat' (5 episodes, 1978-1981)
- "Charlie's Angels" (1 episode, 1980)
- "For the Love of It" (1980) (TV)
- "When the Whistle Blows" (1 episode, 1980)
- "Vegas" (1 episode, 1979)
- "Sugar Time!" (1977) TV Series (unknown episodes, 1977-1978)
- "McCloud" (1 episode, 1975)
- "The Third Girl from the Left" (1973) (TV)
- "The Great American Beauty Contest" (1973) (TV)
- "Marcus Welby, M.D." (1 episode, 1972)
- "Mir hat es immer Spa gemacht" (1970).
Barbi Benton Articles
Barbi Benton News
Barbi Benton Lists