Annika Sorenstam was born on October 9, 1970 in Bro, Sweden. She is a professional golf player.
Biography and Career :
She was born to Tom (who worked for IBM) and Gunilla (who worked in a bank). Annika has a younger sister called Charlotta who is a professional golfer too. They are the only two sisters in the world to have both won over $1 million in their careers.
While still a kid, Annika loved tennis and she became a famous player in Sweden. Before switching to Golf she also played football for the local team.
Due to her busy program she continued her studies and attended the University of Arizona.
On January 4, 1997 she married David Esch, but in August 2005 the couple divorced. When she is not playing golf she likes to do sport, listen to music and cook. Since 2
006 she is famous for the record of winning a game with the maximum points scored in a single round. In 2003 she was added in the World Golf Hall of Fame. Many people consider her the golf's greatest female player.
She won many competitions along the years and so she became one of the most popular women in Sweden. She is still (2007) playing and she does it in a great way. Even if the years passed she still is a beautiful woman. Talent is not missing and with a lot of work she can win many titles from now on.
- She has Sweden and American nationalities.
- Height: 168 cm
- "I still get the butterflies on the first tee. I still get sweaty hands, and my heart pumps a lot going down the 18th. But I know what winning is all about now, and that's a feeling that I like."
Self Filmography :
- Rome Is Burning (1 episode, 2007)
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (2 episodes, 2003-2006)
- Forbes Celebrity 100: Who Made Bank? (2006) (TV)
- ESPY Awards (2006) (TV)
- Tiger at 30 (2006) (TV)
- ESPN SportsCentury (1 episode, 2001)
- Golf Talk (1995) TV Series.
Annika Sorenstam Image : tribuneindia.com
Annika Sorenstam Lists
Annika Sorenstam Pictures