Angie Stone (birth name Angela Laverne Brown) was born on January 30, 1961 in Columbia, South Carolina, United States. She is an actress, singer, songwriter, producer and keyboardist.
Biography and Career :
She started in the 1980's as a member of The Sequence, a rap group. The band was very successful but at the beginning of the 90's she left the band and went to Vertical Hold, an R&B group. This was also very popular and their singles had a great success too. In 1983 she married Lil' Rodney Cee. After seven years doctors diagnosed her with sarcoidois. She has two great children Diane and Michael.
As a single artist she released four albums between 1999 and 2005: Black Diamond, Mahogany Soul, Stone Love and Stone Hits: The Very Best of Angie Stone. She performs at differen
t festivals, events and in concerts. In 2002 she appeared in an episode of "Girlfriends" and also that year in "The Hot Chick". One year later she had a role in the movie "The Fighting Temptations".
She is a real star, a woman with a wonderful career and many fans all over the world. A new album will be released but meanwhile she has a tour with Sisters (2007) and is featured on the new album by English electronica duo Groove Armada, Soundboy Rock, on the song "Feel the Same". Let's hope that we will listen her new songs for a long time.
- She sings R&B, soul and neo soul.
- She was part of two bands, The Sequence and Vertical Hold.
- "I get a special joy in knowing people feel comfortable if they see me in Wal-Mart or in a no-frills section trying to get something on a discount."
- "I can't stand bubblegum pop, you know there's too much of this churned out processed here-today-gone-tomorrow-music around, and it's not me."
- 1999 Black Diamond
- 2001 Mahogany Soul
- 2004 Stone Love
- 2005 Stone Hits: The Very Best of Angie Stone.
- The Fighting Temptations (2003)
- The Hot Chick (2002)
- Girlfriends (1 episode, 2002).
Angie Stone Image : thisislondon.co.uk
Angie Stone Lists