Angelina Jolie (full name Angelina Jolie Voight) was born on 4 June, 1975 in Los Angeles
, California, USA. She is a famous American actress and a former model.
Biography and Career :
She is known for her exotic looks, her tumultuous off-screen life and her humanitarian work with refugees.
Regarding her family, Angelina Jolie is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand and sister of James Haven. She is also niece of Chip Taylor and the god-daughter of Jacqueline Bisset and Maximilian Schell. Her grandparents were French-Canadian and her paternal-grandfather was from Czechoslovakia. Thus, she is of Czech and English descent on her father's side and of French-Canadian and Iroquois on her mo
As a teenager , she dreamed of becoming a funeral director. She attended the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute from the age of 11, later attending Beverly Hills High School. Though Angelina Jolie enrolled at the film school at New York University after finishing "Gia", she did not complete her studies.
She has been long estranged from her father, blaming his infidelity for the break-up of the family , though a reconciliation was attempted by his appearing with her in "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider". In 2004, Angelina Jolie indicated that she was no longer interested in pursuing a relationship with her father, but that she did not hate him because she realised that "...we only have so much energy in this life". Soon afterwards, he claimed that she has "serious emotional problems" while she legally dropped Voight as her last name and took "Angelina Jolie" as new legal name.
Before Angelina Jolie began a career as an actress, she was a model.
Her first starring role came in the 1995 film Hackers. In 1998 Angelina Jolie achieved a major critical success, starring in the TV film "Gia", the true story of 1970-80s supermodel Gia Carangi, who died of AIDS. She won Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild and Golden Satmifie awards and was nominated for an Emmy.
She had roles in several box-office flops until 1999, when she co-starred in "The Bone Collector" with Denzel Washington and won an Oscar for "Girl, Interrupted". Beside the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the latter movie also brought three Golden Globes. Her first healding blockbuster role came from "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider".
Several of her subsequent films, such as "Life or Something Like It", "Alexander" and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" were box-office disappointments, although Jolie herself usually received good notices. She did provide the voice of Lola in the successful animated film "Shark Tale".
Jolie quickly became one of Hollywood's most "in-demand" actresses. Following the success of "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (2005), she was set to earn up to $15 million to star in the film "The Good Shepherd" (2006).
Apart from her acting and humanitarian endeavours, Jolie has worked as a professional model in London, New York and Los Angeles and appeared in numerous music videos, including those of Korn, Meat Loaf, Lenny Kravitz, and The Rolling Stones.
As for her private life, after divorcing from actors Jonny Lee Miller and Billy Bob Thornton, Jolie has a wonderfull life with actor Brad Pitt, in a relationship that has captured worldwide media attention. Jolie and Pitt have three adopted children, Maddox, Pax and Zahara, and a biological child, Shiloh.
- Height: 5'7"/170 cm
- She has a private pilot and Airbase single engine land civilian pilot's license.
- She has a fondness for Liverpool Football Club because her son Maddox "only wants to play for Liverpool".
- She was named the world's sexiest woman in Swedish magazine Cafe.
- "Jolie" means "pretty" in French.
- She is the goddaughter of actress Jacqueline Bisset.
- She graduated from Beverly Hills High School at age 16.
- She donated many items to Rocky Stone to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
- She and her brother, to whom she is very close, publicly spoke out to deny false rumors that the two were having an incestuous love affair. 
- She had childhood dream of becoming a funeral director.
- She and Brad Pitt welcomed daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt on May 27, 2006 in Namibia, Africa.
- Her mother is Marcheline Bertrand and her father, Jon Voight.
- She majored in film at New York University.
- She collects knives and has an interest in mortuary science.
- The government in Namibia is offering citizenship to her new daughter.
- She has tattoos of the coordinates representing the locations where she adopted Maddox and Zahara on her left arm, which cover up the Billy Bob Thornton tattoo (June 2006).
- "You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; shit happens."
- "And my dad, you're a great actor but you're a better father."
- "If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is."
- On the superficiality of the industry: "We are setting an example of what we think is beautiful and you really want to put that much make up on me?"
- "You might never find out that you are useful for all the right reasons - and not all those stupid things that people tell you you're useful for."
- "Therapy? I don't need that. The roles that I choose are my therapy."
Angelina Jolie Dates :
Jenny Shimizu (1994 - 1995)
Jonny Lee Miller (1996 - 1999)
Timothy Hutton (1998 - 1999)
Billy Bob Thornton (2000 - 2003)
Colin Farrel (2003 - 2004)
Brad Pitt (2005 - )
Angelina Jolie Articles
Angelina Jolie News
Angelina Jolie Lists