Angela Bowie (birth name Mary Angela Barnett) was born in Cyprus in 1950. During the years she has been a model, musician, actress, groupie and best-selling author.
Biography and Career :
She received education in several countries: United States, Switzerland and UK (Kingston Polytechnic). In USA she attended classes of Connecticut College For Women, but was expelled because she had a lesbian affair with another student. Angela decided to write her autobiography and so in 1993 it was published "Backstage Passes: Life On the Wild Side with David Bowie".
She met David Bowie when she was 18 and after one year in1970 on the 19th of March they got married. They had one son, Duncan Zowie Heywood Jones. On March 8, 1980 they divorced. After that she got married to Drew Blood, a pu
nk musician and they have one daughter, Stacia.
- Measurements: 33-24-34 in December 1974
- Height: 5'9"
- Her father is English and her mother has Greek Cypriot descent.
- David Bowie wrote the songs "The Prettiest Star" and "Golden Years" about her. After recording the latter, in an effort to rekindle their failing relationship, David called up Angela, played the unfinished version to win back her heart and succeeded.
- Angie Bowie sung the song "La Piscine" with the French band "The Little Rabbits" on their 1998 album "Yeah!"
- She is the ex-daughter-in-law of Margaret Mary Jones.
- Her daughter, from second marriage, is Stacia.
- The song "Angie" (performed by The Rolling Stones) was written by Mick Jagger about her.
- She wrote autobiography, "Backstage Passes: Life On the Wild Side with David Bowie", published in 1993.
- Her son with David Bowie was originally named Zowie Bowie, but later changed it to Joe. He's currently known as Duncan Jones.
- "Deadrockstar" (2002)
- "Demented" (1994)
- "Glitter Goddess of Sunset Strip" (1991) (V)
- "Eat the Rich" (1987).
Angela Bowie Image : angiebowie.net
Angela Bowie Lists