Andrea Corr (full name Andrea Jane Corr) was born on May 17, 1974 in Dundalk, County Louth, Ireland. She is a singer and member of The Corrs band and also an actress.
Biography and Career :
Her sisters and brother along her formed "The Corrs" band in 1990. She is the youngest of all. She is the lead singer and songwriter, but not the only, of the group. Her parents are Jean and Gerry Corr and they were musicians too. She also started a solo career and in 2007 released her first solo album, "Ten Feet High", and the singles "Shame on You (to Keep My Love from Me)" and "Champagne From A Straw". The album was produced by Bono from the U2 band.
She is an actress too and in 1991 had her first role in "The Commitments". Another important role was played in "Evita" in 1996 when she
had to sing a song but Madonna performed it in the end. She continued acting and singing along her brothers. Her career is a successful one; she is an intelligent and beautiful woman so she knows to make her career a great one. Bono was involved also in the Live in Dublin CD of The Corrs. The band is successful not only in Europe, but in the United States too. Their fans can't wait to see them singing and releasing a new album.
- Height: 155 cm
- When she sings she likes to be bare feet.
- She has two sisters and one brother: Sharon Corr, Caroline Corr and Jim Corr.
- "To us, it's vey natural. Initially, it sounded kind of strange to people, because it is different to put traditional Irish music in a pop and rock mode. But they get used to it -- it is our sound."
- "Our music is influenced by our environment, and we play what we feel, there is a certain paradox about it, it's a hopeful sadness."
- "Music is sexy, music is sensual. And an expression of yourself and that side of you comes out sometimes. I know I can be like that on stage but it's innocent. I don't do anything I just get into it, feel it. "
- "When I write a song with the family, the fact is that I am the 'little sister', and my Mammy is there and when it gets to something like sex you start thinking 'oh, I'm not supposed to have these thoughts about sex!!'I remember when I first wrote 'Runaway', with that silly line, 'make love to me through the night', and when I first sang it I was turning my face away, knowing my mother was going to say 'My God, where did you learn that?!' and then I'd say, 'from TV, Mammy!'"
Solo Discography :
- 2007 Ten Feet High.
- Broken Thread (2007)
- The Bridge (2005/I)
- The Boys from County Clare (2003)
- Saturday Night Live (1 episode, 1999)
- Quest for Camelot (1998)
- Evita (1996)
- The Commitments (1991).
Andrea Corr Image : lycos.co.uk
Andrea Corr Lists