Andre Agassi was born on April 29, 1970 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. He is a famous tennis player who was World No. 1 and won an Olympic gold medal.
Biography and career :
He has Iranian origins. His father was a boxer and he decided to immigrate to the United States. It was his father's dream that his son become a great tennis champion.
When he was 13 years old his father had enough money to send him for eight weeks at Nick Bollettieri's Tennis Academy in Florida. When the great tennis player saw him he decided to keep the young player there for free.
Becoming a professional tennis player was his dream, accomplished at 16 years old. At the end of his first pro year he managed to place on the 91st place.
He won 8 titles of Grand Slam: one at Wimbledon, one at the French
Open, two at the US Open and four at the Australian Open.
On April 19, 1997 he married Brooke Shields but their marriage was cancelled two years later. Steffi Graf is his actual wife. They married on October 22, 2001 and the couple has two children.
He became a great player and he proved he was really talented. His career lasted 20 years as in 2006 he decided it was time to retire.
- Height: 180 cm
- Weight: 80 kg
- He plays: right-handed
- He turned pro in 1986.
- "You grow up with a guy, you compete against him for so long, he's such a big part of your career, something that's pretty special, so you do have that sense of personal regret that he's not around any more. You miss having that around."
- "I've been motivated by overcoming challenge and overcoming the hurdles and obstacles that face me. There still is plenty out there to get motivated by."
- "First of all, let me say, 1:15 in the morning, for 20,000 people to still be here, I wasn't the winner, tennis was. That's awesome. I don't know if I've ever felt so good here before."
Career Review :
- Singles Record: 870 ' 274
- Singles Titles: 60
- Doubles Record: 40-42
- Doubles Titles: 1
- Prize Money: $31,152,975
- Career High ATP Ranking - Singles: 1 (10-Apr-95).
Andre Agassi Image : blog.kir.com
Andre Agassi Lists