Anderson Cooper (full name Anderson Hays Cooper) was born on June 3, 1967 in New York City, New York, USA. He is an author, journalist and television personality.
Biography and Career :
His parents' names are Gloria Vanderbilt and Wyatt Cooper. He attended the Dalton School in Manhattan, the University of Hanoi where studied Vietnamese and the Yale. Between 1977 and 1980 he modeled for Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Macy's. In 1970 when he was only three years old he appeared along his mother as a guest at "The Tonight Show".
After graduating at Yale he became reporter for Channel One. In 1995 he was correspondent for ABC News and then co-anchor of "World News Now". After five years he became host of ABC's reality show "The Mole". In 2006 he was working as a correspondent f
or CBS' show 60 Minutes. He writes for magazines and newspapers columns and when a major event takes place he is present.
He wrote the book "Dispatches from the Edge". In 2002 he was the anchor of "American Morning". He is a great journalist, he does his work in a professionally way. We wish him luck and hope to read his articles and see him on television a long time.
- Height: 178 cm
- His nickname is Andy.
- Molly is his dog.
- In 2003 he was placed on the third position in Playgirl magazine's Sexiest Newscasters List.
- He has Dutch, Chilean, Spanish and Irish origins.
- "I think the notion of traditional anchor is fading away. The all-knowing, all-seeing person who speaks from on high; I don't think the audience really buys that anymore. As a viewer, I know I don't buy it."
- "I'm not showing tight shots of rotting corpses. We've tried to be respectful. We don't want anyone to find out on television that their family is dead."
- "We do things with a wink and a nod. If you don't include yourself in the critique, you have no business doing it."
- "Going gray is like ejaculating: you know it can happen prematurely, but when it does it comes as a total shock."
- "I very much do not want to become what I used to make fun of. The newscaster on "The Simpsons" (1989) sadly is not that far off from what you see out there".
- 2005 National Headliners Award for his tsunami coverage
- An Emmy Award for his contribution to ABC's coverage of Princess Diana's funeral
- 2006 Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Coverage of a Breaking News Story - Long Form for his report on the famine in Niger
- Silver Plaque from the Chicago International Film Festival for his report from Sarajevo on the Bosnian civil war
- Bronze Telly for his coverage of famine in Somalia
- Bronze Award from the National Educational Film and Video Festival for a report on political Islam
- 2001 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding TV "Journalism" for "High School Hero," his 20/20 Downtown report on high school athlete Corey Johnson.
Anderson Cooper Image : people.com
Anderson Cooper News
Anderson Cooper Lists