Amelie Mauresmo was born on July 5, 1979 in Germains en Laye, France. She is a famous tennis player who won the Australian Open and Wimbledon in 2006.
Biography and Career :
When she was only four years old she started playing tennis. 1996 was a great year for her as junioras she won the Wimbledon and the French Open and was elected Junior World Champion by the International Tennis Federation. After three years she was one of the finalists at Australian Open, but Martina Hingis defeated her.
* Year after year her game was improving considerably. She became a great tennis player and in 2004 she won a silver medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens. At the end of the same year she became World's Number One.
* In 2005 she won the Tournament in Los Angeles against
Mary Pierce. Next year was really great because she managed to win both Australian Open and Wimbledon against Justine Henin.
* At the US Open in 2006 she lost in the semi-finals against Maria Sharapova. She played the final at the WTA Tour Championships in Madrid in the same year, but unfortunately for her she lost to Henin.
* 2007 was a full year for her with many tournaments and she continues to fight, hoping to become again Number One.
She definitely is a talented girl and with hard work and ambition she will succeed. We wish her luck and hope to see her in the top for many years.
- Height: 175 cm
- Weight: 69 kg
- She plays: right-handed.
- She turned pro in 1993.
Career Review :
- Singles Record: 480-188
- Singles Titles: 26
- Doubles Record: 78-55
- Doubles Titles: 4
- Prize Money: $13,453,690
- Career High ATP Ranking - Singles: 1 (13-Sep-2004).
Amelie Mauresmo Image : linternaute.com
Amelie Mauresmo Lists