Amanda Bynes (full name Amanda Laura Bynes) was born on April 3, 1986. She is an American actress and former show host on Nickelodeon.
Biography and Career :
The youngest of three children, she became interested in acting and performing from the very young age of three, when she would say her older sister Jillian's lines with her while she performed in plays. It was from then on that her family and friends knew that she would be a star some day.
Her acting debut was in 1996 when she auditioned for and got the role as a newcomer on "All That" (1994). Right away, she became very popular as people enjoyed her acting and skits, especially the "Ask Ashley" skit, where she played a little girl running an advice column who would get very angry every time she read a letter.
nda Bynes, who was trained as an actress by Arsenio Hall and Richard Pryor at a comedy camp, began acting at seven, appearing in a television advertisement for Buncha Crunch candies. After taking acting classes, she joined as a regular cast member of the show All That in 1996 and later became the star of The Amanda Show, both featured on the Nickelodeon channel.
Amanda Bynes has been described by The Boston Globe as having an "Everygirl" appeal, embodying "both everything her teen fans dream of being and everything they know they really are, and they love her for it."
In 2002, she began co-starring with Jennie Garth in "What I Like About You" (2002) as Holly, a 16-year-old girl who moves in with her sister after their father decides to move to Japan. She also celebrated her Sweet Sixteenth birthday and got her driver's license on April 3, 2002.
In 2003, Amanda Bynes won two KCA Awards and starred as Daphne, a girl searching for her father in What a Girl Wants (2003) with Colin Firth and Kelly Preston as her parents. She continued acting in "What I Like About You" (2002) and broke up with Taran.
Amanda Bynes, who has a dog named Midge and drives a white Lexus SC430, graduated from Thousand Oaks High School's independent study program and has expressed a desire to attend New York University in the near future. She briefly moved into an apartment in Hollywood, California, but has since returned to her family home.
Amanda Bynes has commented that she wishes to start appearing in more mature roles and believes that she is still developing her acting skills and maturing as an actress, saying that she is "getting better" as she matures
- "People don't recognize I'm getting older. They see reruns of "All That" (1994) so they assume I'm ten years old. I'm 16. I'm almost 5' 8". I'm driving now".
- "I'm a positive person. People should find happiness in the little things, like family."
- "I want to be looked at as an adult actress. That's why I didn't want to do a big movie when I was 11. I was waiting till I was a little bit older."
- "I'm really excited about my life. You only get one and I want to enjoy it."
- "I'm so protected in my Nickelodeon bubble and "What I Like About You." It's all pretty much the same people I've worked with and it was pretty protected."
- In 2006, she was named one of Teen People's "25 Hottest Stars Under 25".
- Owns a Honda Accord.
- Her mother's family lives in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Her father is from Chicago, Illinois.
- Favorite subject is English
- Had a lemon tree in her family's backyard.
- Graduated from Thousand Oaks High, Class of 2004.
- Favorite lip glosses: Prescriptives Gloss, Lanci´me Juicy Tubes.
- At 17, she was rated 2003's 3rd hottest teen female star.
- Amanda Bynes is 5'8"/173 cm height.
Amanda Bynes News
Amanda Bynes Lists