Alexander Frei was born on July 15, 1979 in Basel, Switzerland. He is a Swiss football player.
Biography and Career :
He started his professional career in 1997 at FC Basel, where remained until 1998. In eleven matches he scored one goal. In the season 1998-1999 he was the player of FC Thun and in 34 games he marked seven times. Next season he moved to FC Lucerne and his results improved. He was used by the coach in 32 matches and scored 15 goals. Between 2000 and 2003 he was the player of Servette FC. He scored 36 times in 64 games. Another three years were spent at another team, this time it was Rennes. He was a good player and managed to score 47 goals in 100 matches.
In 2006 Dortmund paid almost five million euros for him. He has played for his national team at the FIFA
World Cup 2006 and Euro 2004. He has many fans especially in Europe and his skills were recognized. He is still young and has a career ahead and he hopes to rove his value. Between 2001 and 2005 he won awards and honors but let's hope that this won't stop here. We wish him many goals in the future and a long career in football. For the national team he scored 32 goals in 56 games. Let's hope that he will suffer no injuries and can continue training.
- Height: 179 cm
- Playing Position: Striker.
- 2001 Winner of Schweizer Cup with Servette FC
- 2002 Semi-finalist of the European under-21 championship
- 2003 Second highest scorer in Ligue 1 (20 goals) after Djibril Cisse
- 2003 Credit Suisse Player of the Year
- 2005 Top goalscorer in Ligue 1 (20 goals). Alexander Frei Image : en.wikipedia.org