Alex Rodriguez was born on July 27, 1975 in New York, USA. He is an American baseball player.
Biography and Career :
At the age of four his family decided to move to Dominican Republic and so he spent part of his childhood there. In 1982 the family returned to the United States and settled in Miami. His father went to New Jersey, but never came back. He had attended Miami's Westminster Christian High School and the University of Miami and started playing baseball. Between 1994 and 2000 he was a player of the Seattle Mariners team and then transferred to Texas Rangers. Since 2004 he has been playing for the New York Yankees.
In 2005 he managed to win for the second time the award "American League Most Valuable Player". He is a great and talented played who gives all his best
on the court. During the years he had won many awards and honors and he has many fans that support him even in the moment when he makes mistakes. He had also registered many records. On November 2, 2002 he married Cynthia Scurtis. The couple has a child, Natasha Alexander, who was born in 2004.
- He bats right and throws right.
- Batting average: 305
- Home runs: 500
- Runs batted in: 1456.
- "I could care less. In my career, I've been hearing it for a long time. It will never stop until you win five or six World Series in a row, and hit a Joe Carter home run. I've done a lot of special things in this game, and for none of that to be considered clutch, it's an injustice. I don't take anything personally; I enjoy it, it motivates me and I think it's comical. I think [for] anyone that drives in over 130 runs numerous times in his career, it's impossible not to be clutch."
- "When people write [bad things] about me, I don't know if it's [because] I'm good-looking, I'm biracial, I make the most money, I play on the most popular team."
- "Why do people sing 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame' when they're already there?"
- "Somebody wins a lottery and they're a national hero. Somebody works their butt off and he's a devil. I've made the progression to this point and I can't feel guilty." Alex Rodriguez Image : ericbyrnestrieshard.com