Aimee Mann (full name Aimee Elizabeth Mann) was born on September 8, 1960 in Richmond, Virginia, USA. She is a singer, songwriter, rock guitarist and bassist.
Biography and Career :
She attended the Open High School and the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts where studied bass guitar. Her first band was Young Snakes but meanwhile she dropped it. In 1983 it was founded 'Til Tuesday by her and Michael Hausman, who was that time her boyfriend and an ex-classmate. After two years the band had the first success after releasing the video of the song Voices Carry. The song won the MTV Video Music Award for Best New Artist. Another two albums were released by the band, Welcome Home and Everything's Different Now.
In 1993 she started her own solo career and Whatever w
as her first album. She had a great success and soon fans were idolatrizing her. On December 29, 1997 she married Michael Penn. She is a wonderful singer, with a great voice and talent and a good guitarist and bassist. In 2006 in the winter she had produced a Christmas CD. Her career doesn't stop here and she continues offering her public a great music.
- Height: 182 cm
- She is a married woman.
- She is the sister-in-law of Sean Penn, Chris Penn and Robin Wright Penn.
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (1 episode, 2006)
- Late Night with Conan O'Brien (4 episodes, 2000-2006)
- Love Monkey (1 episode, 2006)
- Last Call with Carson Daly (1 episode, 2006)
- Best Hit USA (1 episode, 2005)
- Saturday Night with Miriam (1 episode, 2005)
- The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn (1 episode, 2004)
- Breakfast with the Arts (1 episode, 2004)
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (2 episodes, 2002-2003)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1 episode, 2002)
- Store studio (1 episode, 2002)
- The West Wing (1 episode, 2002)
- Becoming Sam (2002) (V)
- An All-Star Tribute to Brian Wilson (2001) (TV)
- The 72nd Annual Academy Awards (2000) (TV)
- The Rosie O'Donnell Show (1 episode, 2000)
- Nobody Does It Better: The Music of James Bond (1997) (TV)
- It's Showtime at the Apollo (1 episode, 1987)
- MTV Video Music Awards 1986 (1986) (TV)
- MTV Video Music Awards 1985 (1985) (TV).
Solo Discography :
- 1993 - Whatever
- 1995 - I'm with Stupid
- 1999 - Magnolia: Music from the Motion Picture (soundtrack)
- 2000 - Bachelor No. 2 or, the Last Remains of the Dodo
- 2000 - Ultimate Collection ("best-of" compilation unauthorized by Mann)
- 2002 - Lost in Space
- 2005 - The Forgotten Arm
- 2006 - One More Drifter in the Snow (Christmas album).
Aimee Mann Image : gwu.edu
Aimee Mann Lists