Adrien Brody was born on April 14, 1973 in Woodhaven, Queens, New York, USA. He is a famous American actor.
Biography and Career :
Sylvia Plachy, a photojournalist, is his mother. Elliot Brody, his father, was a history teacher. Adrien attended the CUNY Queens College in Flushing, New York and the New York's Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. His parents tried to create distance between he and his dangerous friends so they took him to acting classes. He suffered a motorcycle accident in 1992 and was badly hurt. His nose was broken three times. When he was 13 years old he did an off-Broadway play and a PBS-TV-movie.
Some of his first important roles were in "Summer of Sam" and "The Thin Red Line". In 2002 he received the main role in the mo
vie "The Pianist" and after this he became a famous actor. He had to lose 13 kg for this role and learn how to play Chopin at the piano, but did a great job and finally won the Academy Award for Best Actor and a Cesar Award. Many compare him with actors like Marlon Brando or Al Pacino. One of the images that remained into the public's mind happened when he won the Oscar for Best Actor and gave Halle Berry a back-breaking kiss. Other important roles were in movies like "The Village", "The Jacket", "King Kong" or "The Dark Knight". He did commercials for Diet Coke and appeared in a music video, Tori Amos's "A Sorta Fairytale". He is spokesman for fashion brand Ermenegildo Zegna.
- Height: 180 cm
- He has Hungarian origins.
- He was chosen Best Dressed Man in America by the Esquire Magazine in 2004.
- He had a Hummer.
- He likes hip-hop music.
- He has a chihuahua dog named Ceelo.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar was born in the same day as he was.
- Asia Argento and Benicio Del Toro are two of his friends.
- "I was a wild, mischievous kid and I had tremendous imagination. Any experience I had, I'd try to reenact it. I always had an actor within me."
- "I've never taken a role for money. I felt it would be wrong - not necessarily a career decision - just wrong."
- "They compare me to Al Pacino, I admire and appreciate the comparison. But, really, I'd rather be thought of as "the first Adrien Brody," than "the new Al Pacino!"
- "I suppose that means I'm not easy to define. But that's good, isn't it? In this town they love to define you to death."
- "I don't think anyone saw me as the heroic leading man before I won an Oscar. I'm not sure anyone does now, outside of Peter Jackson."
- "I grew up without a lot of money and my parents grew up with far less money. And that's kept me in line. Really in line."
- "It's good to be able to be playful, a bit of a smart ass -- it's fun. It would be terribly boring to be earnest."
- The Brothers Bloom (2008)
- Manolete (2007)
- The Darjeeling Limited (2007)
- The Tehuacan Project (2007)
- Hollywoodland (2006)
- Gumball 3000: Drivin' Me Crazy (2006) (V)
- Fade to Red (2006) (V)
- King Kong (2005)
- King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (2005)
- The Jacket (2005)
- The Village (2004)
- Saturday Night Live (1 episode, 2003)
- The Singing Detective (2003)
- The Pianist (2002)
- Dummy (2002)
- The Affair of the Necklace (2001)
- Love the Hard Way (2001)
- Harrison's Flowers (2000)
- Bread and Roses (2000)
- Liberty Heights (1999)
- Summer of Sam (1999)
- Oxygen (1999)
- The Thin Red Line (1998)
- Restaurant (1998)
- The Undertaker's Wedding (1998)
- Six Ways to Sunday (1997)
- The Last Time I Committed Suicide (1997)
- Bullet (1996)
- Solo (1996)
- Nothing to Lose (1995)
- Jailbreakers (1994) (TV)
- Angels in the Outfield (1994)
- King of the Hill (1993)
- The Boy Who Cried Bitch (1991)
- New York Stories (1989)
- Annie McGuire (1988) TV Series
- Home at Last (1988) (TV).
Adrien Brody Image : solarnavigator.net
Adrien Brody News
Adrien Brody Lists