Abbie Cornish was born on August 7, 1982 in Lochinvar, New South Wales, Australia. She is an Australian actress.
Biography and Career :
When she was thirteen years old she participated at a Dolly Magazine competition and was one of the finalists. Since then she began working as a model and after three years she received her first television acting roles. During that time she was dreaming to become a veterinarian.
After the role in ABC's television show "Wildside", she received the award as the Australian Film Institute Young Actor's Award. Her first role in a film was in "The Monkey's Mask". Soon the roles came one after another and she was awarded with Australian Film Institute Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, Best Actress at the FCCA and IF Awards and Best Breakt
hrough Performance during the 2005 Miami Film Festival for the role in "Somersault" in 2004. In 2006 she received some critics for her appearance in "Candy". She will be the new Bond Girl beside another few important roles in the future.
- Her height is 173 cm
- She is a vegetarian.
- She likes to play the guitar and the piano.
- She was placed on the 80th position in Maxim's Hot list 2007.
- She has 4 brothers.
- "The hardest part is getting your clothes off at first in front of the people who haven't seen you naked before. The first time you get nude in front of someone, it's hard, and then it's, 'Well, you've seen everything now; it's OK, we can shoot the rest of the day'."
- "I like doing my own hair and make-up because it's me."
- "I think as a child you know when it's time for your parents to split. You realize they love each other, but they're not in love with each other. And I think as a child it's much better for your parents to split than for them to stay and have dysfunction within the family."
- "Whenever I am acting, it's everything, you know. If I'm researching a role, I'm completely consumed in that and, between action and cut, I live in this suspended time. It's a really amazing experience and the only other thing I get it from is music."
- Bond 22 (2008)
- Bright Star (2008)
- Stop Loss (2007)
- The Golden Age (2007)
- A Good Year (2006)
- Candy (2006)
- Everything Goes (2004)
- Somersault (2004)
- One Perfect Day (2004)
- Marking Time (2003) (TV)
- White Collar Blue (1 episode, 2003)
- Horseplay (2003)
- Life Support (2001) TV Series (unknown episodes, 2001)
- Outriders (2001) TV Series (unknown episodes)
- Water Rats (1 episode, 2000)
- The Monkey's Mask (2000)
- Close Contact (1999) (TV)
Abbie Cornish Image : redcarpetfilms.com.au
Abbie Cornish News
Abbie Cornish Lists