Zinedine Zidane was born on June 23, 1972. Including Zizou, his Algerian parents had a total of five children. He is a famous football player.
Biography and Career :
School was not his specialty, so he turned to football. By the age of 16, a scout by the name of Jean Varraud recruited him to Cannes. One year later, Zizou made his debut in the French First Division.
* The midfielder was later signed by Bordeaux where he started winning important matches. With Bordeaux, the French soccer player reached the UEFA Cup final in 95/96 and attracted the attention of the European powerhouse Juventus. As they signed him, success started to pour in. In 1996, Ziziou's trophy room was expanded for the UEFA Cup, the European Supercup and the Intercontinental Cup. With Juventus, Zidan
e also won the Italian Calcio twice in a row (1997 and 1998.) During the same two seasons, his club also reached the Champions League final.
* When Real Madrid purchased Zinedine Zidane from Juve, he became the most expensive player off all time. The Spanish club paid $66 Million for his transfer. In the same season (2001/2), Zinedine Zidane lead Real to a Champions League title by scoring a spectacular winning goal in the final.
* In international competition, Zinedine Zidane entered the spotlight after carrying his national team to their first World Cup title in 1998. He eventually helped them win their first European title at EURO 2000.
* At World Cup 2002, France soccer team was eliminated in the first stage. Zizou was struggling with an injury at the time and watched from the sideline. Two years later, at EURO 2004, Zidane's country failed to impress again and were knocked out by tournament surprise Greece.
* Individually, Zinedine Zidane has been given every major award that a player can receive. He has won the Golden Ball for 1998 and the FIFA Best Footballer of the Year award in 1998 and 2000.
Currently, Zinedine Zidane is one of the most skillful players in the game. He has an intimate relationship with the ball. The French soccer player's motions are completely fluent, he can combine a variation of techniques in a single elegant move. Zinedine Zidane usually dribbles the ball to open angles for his passing, which alone is ridiculously accurate. Zidane is a master of the ball, but his physical ability is limited. He lacks the speed needed to penetrate defensive lines and score. The decent height of Zidane frequently gives him an edge in heading and protecting the ball.
Zinedine Zidane's Dates :
Veronique Zidane (1994-now)
Zinedine Zidane Image : soccer-europe.com
Zinedine Zidane Articles