Twiggy (birth name Lesley Hornby) was born on September 19, 1949 in Neasden, London, England. She is an actress, judge in the America's Next Top Model reality show and a former supermodel.
Biography and Career :
Nigel Davies was the person who discovered her in 1966 in a hair salon. In March next year she went to New York and soon she became one of the world's most popular models. She was a supermodel. Her short-haired androgynous look became famous and shocked in a positive way. She was different from the other girls and so she was recognized by everyone.
After only four years of modeling she said it was enough for her and she started another two careers: as a singer and as an actress. She won two Golden Globe Awards for the musical "The Boy Friend". In 2005 she became jud
ge at the America's Next Top Model show and during the years she played in many movies. The campaign for Marks & Spencer was her comeback in the fashion world. She is involved in charity actions for animals and she also supports breast cancer.
On June 14, 1977 she married Michael Witney and on November 30, 1983 unfortunately he died. They had one child, Carly Witney. She decided to remarry and on September 23, 1988 she and Leigh Lawson had the wedding.
- Height: 168 cm
- Measurements: 31AA-22-32 (at age 17)
- Measurements: 32B-24-32 (in 1976 at age 27)
- She was married twice and has one child.
- Fran Dresher is one of her best friends.
- She loves animals and supports their rights.
- She was ranked on the 9th place in Channel 5's "World's greatest supermodel".
- Her first husband died from a heart attack. He was an actor.
- She has a clothing line Twiggy Collection for spring/summer 2006.
- "I'm not as skinny as I used to be, thank God. I'd look very strange if I was. I'm slim. I eat healthily because that's the way I prefer to eat and I'm sure it helps keep the weight off."
- "I love exercise but I find it boring doing the same thing all the time, so I flucuate between going to the gym, doing Pilates and taking dance lessons."
- "You can't be a clothes hanger for your entire life!"
- "It's not what you'd call a figure, is it?"
- "I used to be a thing; I'm a person now."
- The Taming of the Shrew (2005) (TV)
- Woundings (1998)
- Edge of Seventeen (1998)
- Something Borrowed, Something Blue (1997) (TV)
- Heartbeat (1 episode, 1994)
- The Nanny (1 episode, 1994)
- Body Bags (1993) (TV)
- Tales from the Crypt (1 episode, 1992)
- Princesses (2 episodes, 1991)
- Istanbul (1989)
- Young Charlie Chaplin (1989) (TV)
- The Diamond Trap (1988) (TV)
- Madame Sousatzka (1988)
- Sun Child (1988) (TV)
- The Little Match Girl (1987)
- Club Paradise (1986)
- The Doctor and the Devils (1985)
- A Gift of Music (1981) (TV)
- Pygmalion (1981) (TV)
- There Goes the Bride (1980)
- The Blues Brothers (1980)
- The Donna Summer Special (1980) (TV)
- Bonkers! (1 episode, 1979)
- David Essex (1 episode, 1977)
- Supersonic (1 episode, 1977)
- The Basil Brush Show (1 episode, 1976)
- Victorian Scandals (1 episode, 1976)
- Twiggy (6 episodes, 1975)
- Twiggs (4 episodes, 1974)
- W (1974)
- The Boy Friend (1971)
- Juke Box Jury (1 episode, 1967).
Self Filmography :
- America's Next Top Model (47 episodes, 2005-2007)
- The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (2 episodes, 2005-2006)
- The Tyra Banks Show (3 episodes, 2005-2006)
- Best Ever Muppet Moments (2006) (TV)
- Wogan Now & Then" (1 episode, 2006)
- Breakfast (1 episode, 2005)
- Parkinson (2 episodes, 1974-2005)
- The Best of 'So Graham Norton' (2004) (V)
- Today with Des and Mel (1 episode, 2003)
- Fame, Fashion and Photography: The Real Blow Up (2002) (TV)
- This Morning (1988) TV Series (unknown episodes, 2001)
- Absolutely Fabulous (2 episodes, 2001)
- Celebrity Ready, Steady, Cook (1 episode, 2001)
- The Beatles Revolution (2000) (TV)
- So Graham Norton (1 episode, 1999)
- Comic Relief: The Record Breaker (1999) (TV)
- An Audience with the Spice Girls (1997) (TV)
- Light Lunch (1 episode, 1997)
- Angels de nit (1 episode, 1996)
- The Late Show (1 episode, 1995)
- Saturday Night Clive (1 episode, 1991)
- Aspel & Company (3 episodes, 1985-1988)
- Joan Rivers: Can We Talk? (1 episode, 1986)
- Good Morning Britain (1 episode, 1985)
- The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson (2 episodes, 1971-1984)
- The 56th Annual Academy Awards (1984) (TV)
- America 2-Night (1 episode, 1978)
- Dinah! (1 episode, 1977)
- Musikladen (2 episodes, 1976-1977)
- The Sonny and Cher Show (1 episode, 1976)
- The Muppet Show (1 episode, 1976)
- The Butterfly Ball (1976)
- The 46th Annual Academy Awards (1974) (TV)
- Cilla (1 episode, 1974)
- All Talking... All Singing... All Dancing (1971) (uncredited)
- This Is Your Life (1 episode, 1969)
- Popcorn (1969)
- Twiggy (1969) (TV).
Twiggy Image : scummyartkid.vox.com