Joanna Newsom was born on January 18, 1982 in Nevada City, California, USA. She is a singer, harpist, pianist, harpsichordist and songwriter.
Biography and Career :
She had attended the Mills College, which is a liberal arts women's college in California, and there she had studied composition and creative writing. A local teacher in Nevada City taught her to play the Celtic harp. She sings folk, experimental and Naturalismo and the instruments she plays are harp, piano and harpsichord.
Her record company is Drag City and along them she released two albums: the first in 2004, "The Milk-Eyed Mender", and the second in 2006, "Ys". She also performed along artists like Smog, Vetiver, Nervous Cop, Vashti Bunyan and Golden Shoulders. In 2004 she released the single "Sprout and th
e Bean" and it was a great success. Some of her songs were used as soundtracks in movies.
She is a great, talented, intelligent musician and she still has a long way ahead. Her fans are all over the world and they support their idol's work and projects. She appeared on the "The Jimmy Kimmel Show" on ABC and some other television shows. We wish her all the best and can't wait to listen to her new singles.
- "If you are too serious, you are in danger of having everything taken at face value, instead of being allowed to have layers to it."
- "I don't mind if people download my music because that means that there's a person who wants to listen. I give away CDs at shows if someone wants a CD but doesn't have any money."
- 2004 The Milk-Eyed Mender
- 2006 Ys.
Self Filmography :
- Later with Jools Holland (2 episodes, 2004-2007)
- Musikprogrammet - programmet om musik (1 episode, 2005).
Joanna Newsom Image : archicheap.free.fr
Joanna Newsom Lists