Daryn Kagan was born on January 26, 1963 in Southern California, USA. She is a reporter, anchor and television personality.
Biography and Career :
She spent her childhood in Beverly Hills and attended Beverly Hills High School. After that she attended Stanford University and graduated in 1985 with a degree in American Studies and Communication.
Her first job was at KEYT-TV, a television station in Santa Barbara. In 1994 she was working as a sports reporter at CNN. After this she hosted the 'People in the News' show. She was then promoted as anchor. Another show where she was host is "CNN Live Today" in 2002.
She was a reporter at the presidential elections, the second Gulf War, and the Washington, D.C. sniper story, AIDS. She was on air when the terrorist attack on the 1
1th of September happened . Her contract with CNN ended in September 2006 and now she has her own online venture. She does a documentary about woman helping leprosy victims in India.
- She is Jewish.
- Her great-grandfather, Eiser Cohen, was Russian and immigrated in USA.
- Her mother had breast cancer, but is still living.
- She has one sister, Kallan Kagan and one brother, Mark Kagan.
- "I think it's really important to be informed. I just also think it's important to be inspired."
- "I think it's particularly fun not being a full-time showbiz reporter because you still have the 'Oh, wow!' factor when you go out on the red carpet and there are these big stars that are standing there. But if you're doing this day in and day out, it becomes a little blas."
- "Running is very conducive to someone who's goal-oriented -- if you want to set goals, like running the marathon or being self-disciplined. I think it's also reinforced that I'm not a fancy, froufrou person."
Self Filmography :
- CNN Live Today (2 episodes, 2006)
- American Morning (2 episodes, 2006)
- CNN Talkback Live (1994) TV Series.
Daryn Kagan Image : washingtonpost.com
Daryn Kagan Lists