Daniela Hantuchova was born on April 23, 1983 in Poprad, Slovakia. She is a talented and beautiful tennis player.
Biography and Career :
She trained at the Sanchez-Casal Academy and Martina Navratilova is one of the persons who support her a lot. Even though she turned professional in 1999, 2002 is the year when she entered into the public eye.
* In 2002 she won her first title at Indian Wells after defeating Justine Henin and Martina Hingis. She played another final in 2002 at Filderstadt (but lost it) and semi-finals at Linz, New Haven, Montreal and Eastbourne.
* In the next year she managed to get into the quarter-finals at Sydney, into the semi-finals at Antwerp, the fourth round at Indian Wells and into the second round at the French Open where lost against
* She lost in the second round at Wimbledon against Shinobu Asagoe shocking everyone. Many said she had personal problems because her parents were divorcing.
* In 2004 she played the finals against Svetlana Kuznetsova at Eastbourne, but she lost the game. She went again at Wimbledon, this time losing in the third round. That year she ended on the 31st position of Top 100.
* In 2005 she participated at the Australian Open, but lost in the third round, and also at US Open where she lost in the same round.
* After two years she won again at Indian Wells. Her best position in Top 100 was in 2003 when she was situated on the 5th place.
- Height: 181 cm
- Weight: 56 kg
- She plays: right-handed
- She turned pro in 1999.
Career Review :
- Singles Record: 297-179
- Singles Titles: 2
- Doubles Record: 170-119
- Doubles Titles: 8
- Prize Money: $4,796,191
- Career High ATP Ranking - Singles: 5 (27-Jan-2003).
Daniela Hantuchova Image : wikimedia.org
Daniela Hantuchova Lists
Daniela Hantuchova Pictures