America Ferrera (full name America Georgine Ferrera) was born on April 18, 1984 in Los Angeles, California, USA. She is a young American actress.
Biography and Career :
When she was eight years old she began her career after playing in community theater and school plays. Between 1994 and 1995 she attended the Calabash Elementary School in the San Fernando Valley. She is studying (2007) at the University of Southern California International Relations and Theater. In 2002 she made her debut in the movie "Gotta Kick It Up!". After that she was seen in "Real Women Have Curves", "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and "Lords of Dogtown". A great success was registered with the film "Ugly Betty" in 2006 adapted after a hit telenovela "Betty La Fea".
She acted in an play in th
e off-Broadway named "Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead". Her smile is insured for 10 million dollars. The role in "Ugly Betty" brought her a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical. She had also won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Female Actor in a Comedy Series and the Imagen Foundation's Creative Achievement Award. She was chosen by Time magazine among the list of "Time 100: The Most Influential People In The World".
- Height: 155 cm
- She has four sisters and one brother and is the youngest of them.
- "Weight. It's a very emotional issue"
- "I think Hispanic women are beautiful with their curves. I'm not sure who feels that way in Hollywood. I was never told to lose 50 pounds. If they think that they just don't bother with you. You just don't get the role and you never know why. That's still better than physically harming yourself and becoming unhealthy just to star in a movie."
- "It's so reassuring to have a woman heroine who triumphs with more than just what she has on the outside... who has more to offer the world than just a pretty picture. To me, the tragedy about this whole image-obsessed society is that young girls get so caught up in just achieving that they forget to realize that they have so much more to offer the world."
- "I think it's hilarious when people call Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria curvy. Come on. They're not curvy. They're small. I'm curvy."
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008)
- Misma luna, La (2007)
- Ugly Betty (31 episodes, 2006-2007)
- Hacia la oscuridad (2007)
- Muertas (2007)
- Steel City (2006)
- 3:52 (2005)
- Lords of Dogtown (2005)
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005)
- How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer (2005)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (1 episode, 2004)
- Plainsong (2004) (TV)
- Darkness Minus Twelve (2004)
- $5.15/Hr. (2004) (TV)
- Touched by an Angel (1 episode, 2002)
- Gotta Kick It Up! (2002) (TV)
- Real Women Have Curves (2002).
America Ferrera Image : imageshack.us
America Ferrera News
America Ferrera Lists